Mon Amie

As I was looking through a fellow blogger's page, I found a the Case Study Challenge Blog.  The idea behind their challenge is to be inspired by a new Guest Designer every month and design a piece based on how this person inspired you.  This month they are featuring Laura Bassen, whose inspirational piece (Challenge #84) uses a flower using negative space and the colors black, white, grey, red, 2 shades of pink, and white.


For the card I designed to use in my last post, I made a line drawing of a young French lady.  I used a black and white, stamp size version of her in that card.  Laura Bassen inspired me to use her card's color scheme to illustrate a larger version of my French lady.  I used Bienfang watercolor brush pens and Prismacolors to illustrate her. To add some texture and dimension, I used Martha Stewart ladybug flocking powder on her beret; Tim Holtz worn lipstick stickles on her lips and frayed burlap stickles on her earrings; Ranger glossy accents on her eyes; and a red bow on her blouse.  For the card base, I used a Martha Stewart pink card.  I taped a strip of metallic print paper from a K&Company handmade lofty nest specialty pad that featured Laura's color scheme.  To bring in the use of negative space in Laura's card, I glued a piece of vintage pink rick-rack between the strip and the card's base color.  I also used picture corners that had a houndstooth pattern and a scrolled edge.  I finished the card by writing "Mon Amie" with a Zig calligraphy pen.


I am so glad I found the Case Study Challenge Blog, because it gives me another creative outlet.  Talking about creativity, I am going to allow my followers to use the little lady that I featured in Te Amo to use in a card design of their own.  The only stipulations are that the card design be featured in their blog; that I be given full credit for the digital clip art by using my name in the post and linking it to my blog; and that it not be used for any commercial use whatsoever.  If you're interested, please join my list of members and add a comment so that I may reach you by e-mail to send the clip art.  I look forward to hearing your comments, even if you're not interested in using my clip art.  Thanks for stopping by and... Blessings!

Comments

Tenia Nelson said…
Super awesome!!! I just LOVE your wonderful work!!!
Arnoldo said…
Thank you, Tenia. I truly appreciate your comments, because I admire your work as well. Blessings!
yyam said…
Nicely done! Awesome take on the inspiration! :)
Leintje* said…
This look SUPER COOL!!!

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*
How awesome that you drew that lady yourself! Very nice card with a romantic flair. Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week!! xx
Arnoldo said…
Thank you, Iwona. I truly enjoyed your challenge. Blessings!
JJ Bolton said…
Ooh-la-la! So much detail and personality in your fantastic drawing! Hope you're having a great week Arnoldo!
Patrice said…
C'est tres jolie! I hope you'll join me again at 52 Card Pickup this week.

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-14-giveaway-winner.html
Arnoldo said…
Thank you, Patrice. I'm glad you think it's pretty. I'll link up.