Three Cards

Between work and getting ready for the holiday weekend, I had a full week.  Since I was off today, I decided to spend it in my studio working on various projects, including 3 cards.  Since I recently purchased a Dover "steampunk" clip art book, they all have a similar theme.

The first card I designed is for the The Play Date Cafe, PDCC126, which is sponsored this week by The ScrapCake.  The Avocado, Blue Mist, and Grey Wool color story influenced my color choices, to various degrees, in all 3 cards.  This one has very clean lines with a definite masculine feel to it - don't you think so?

The second card I designed is for Case Study, CSC85, which is featuring a card by Laurie Schmidlin as the inspirational piece.  The antique typewriter in the card is what made me think of the steampunk book.  I was also inspired to create my own corsage/boutonniere to feature in my card.  I'm also entering this card in the Stampendous challenge, which is asking you to "Recycle, Re-purpose, Reuse" in celebration of Earth Day.  I made the background for another card a couple of years ago, but didn't like it, so I saved it in my scrap pile.  I stained and distressed it yesterday to use for this card.  I also used vintage buttons that my wife's grandmother used to safe from old clothes.


Last, but not least, I designed a card for Card Positioning Systems, CPS 259, which is sponsored this week by Kimber McGray.  It is a complex sketch, so it took me a while to decide what I wanted to do.  I couldn't figure out how to use an arrow in the theme I had developed, so I used a leaf stem in its place - it worked!  I'm also entering this one in the Play Date Cafe Challenge, because it fits their color story perfectly.


Except for the gingham print, the papers I used this week are all from the K&Company Classic K Specialty Paper Pad.  I used solid colored card stock and note cards for the bases.  I also used a Dymo Organizer 1610 for all my labels, ochre stain from MakingMemories, and other miscellaneous items.



This Week's Sketch (#259)

As you can tell, I had a fun day!  I invite you to follow my blog and leave a comment.  Blessings!

Comments

Tenia Nelson said…
I LOVE all of these awesome cards dearie!!!
Arnoldo said…
Thank you, Tenia. I'm always recycling stuff in my art, so I'll be joining you in the Stampendous challenge. Blessings!
Teresa Zuehls said…
Awesome cards and great takes on all three challenges. I love your steam punk images. And thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment. I always love reading them. Have a wonderful Easter.
Kailash said…
Love all your cards, the card for the play date challenge is especially genius...you are so talented...keep up the amazing work!!
Arnoldo said…
Thank you, Kailash.
Sabrina said…
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving ac omment. I espcially like the "My Cinderella" card. Beautiful. I was impressed by the use of the vintage buttons your wife's grandmother saved. There have been times when I saved things like that for years, and then decided to get rid of them because I wasn't using them, only to regret later when I suddenly could use it. lol.
Melinda said…
Wow, all three are marvelous! I love how you recycled a background. You've inspired to go search my stash. Thanks for playing with all of us at Stampendous.
Arnoldo said…
Thank you, Melinda.
Nancy in Iowa said…
Thank you for your kind words on my blog.
Your cards are wonderful! Love the juxtapositioning of unexpected items! For example the light airy punch combined with the utilitarian 'label' sentiment in the first card especially.
You have a talent for layering - a talent I admire, lack, and respect.
So happy I clicked over to check out your site. Thank you for the inspiration!
Aleksandra said…
Lovely cards! All three of them :). But my favourite one is also the Cinderela. Nice work!

Have a blessed day!
Aleksandra
Arnoldo said…
Thank you, Aleksandra. Blessings!
cbuswell said…
Fantastic and inspiring cards! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!
Arnoldo said…
Thank you, Clare. The Case study challenge truly inspired the feel of my 3 designs. Blessings!
Very artistic and inspirational cards! Well done on all of them. Thank you for playing along with us at CASE Study :)
Arnoldo said…
Thank you, Chupa.
Didre said…
bardzo lubię Twój styl!! inspirujesz mnie za każdym razem, gdy tu przychodzę! pozdrawiam :)
Thank you, Didre. I'm humbled to know I nspire you through my work. Blessings!
Jingle said…
Lovely cards! Thanks for playing along with the Stampendous! Challenge!