Wonderful Together

I tend to make most of my decisions based on a combination of both gut feelings and intellect, and that is exactly what I did as I designed the card for this post.  The Case Study Challenge # 87 features an inspirational card by Laurie Schmidlin, which has a very funky design that I love.  It's both romantic and fun.  On the other hand, the Card Positioning Systems challenge CPS #261 sketch provided me with the structure for my design.  Although I flipped the sketch sideways and adapted the oval, the sketch is the same.  I combined both challenges, and came up with this structured, yet funky and romantic card for my wife.


I used half of a lime green sheet of card stock to make a card base, and textured it with a Fiskars Embossing summer plate.  I edged it with both orange and red Color Box ink pads.  Then, I cut a square from a K&Company Urban Rhapsody page that has a funky word and arrow print, as well as the right color scheme to pull my design together.  For the long band in the sketch, I used a tag from a K&Company handmade die-cut cardstock set and tied a brown bow to it.  I really like the tag, because it has the feel and funky lettering style of the inspirational card.  I positioned the tag so only the word "wonderful" in the background is visible.  I used negative space to simulate the oval shape by using photo corners on a photograph of my wife.  The photograph, which I took last summer during an evening boating at Lake Amistad,  has a very romantic feel with the silhouette of my wife's head and the sunset in the background.  She's the "heart" in my card!

This Week's Sketch (#261)

Although a little tricky, this was a fun card to make and I really like the way it turned out.  Hopefully my wife will like it too.  You are cordially invited to join my blog and/or leave a comment - that always makes my day.  Thanks for stopping by.  Blessings!

Comments

Love it! Wonderful card: she'll adore it! Hugs
Jennie said…
Nice designs and great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :)
Borqna said…
This is a magic card!
Amazing! Congratulations again!
I wish you success!
Patrice said…
I love that fence board look...and congratulations on making the Fab 4 at Play Date Cafe! I hope you'll link up again this week at 52 Card Pickup!!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-16.html
Angie said…
Very cool card! I am sure your wife liked it!!! This is my first time coming across your blog! It's very cool!!
Fi said…
Thank you for dropping by my blog and for your lovely comment. I really like your card and the description behind it all.
Aleksandra said…
Lovely! I am sure your wife will be thrilled about it!

Congratulations on making the Fab4 over at Play Date Cafe!

Blessings,
Aleksandra
What a great card! Looks like a mini-scrapbook, love it! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!
Bev said…
WOW1 Arnaldo, I have just subscribed to your Blog and also your Pinterest Board, after being Introduced to you through my lovely Kaszazz Consultant Tanya L Johnson after she received a
Liebsrter Award from you. I am so glad to have found you. I admire your work very much and hope to learn lots from you. I also believe very much in what you stand for and LOVE your Lady in the Mirror Page Immensley. I will look forward to recieving your Blog Updates and wish you well in your future Goals and Dreams.
With Great Respect, Beverley.....
Nice!
congratulatios!
I prepared a Card for CPS-261
here:
http://carolinamaraboliscrap.blogspot.com/2012/05/dama-vintage-con-espejo.html