Jesus Loves Me This I Know

Hello!  ¡Hola!  It was an all hands-on-deck week with my 2 grandsons in town, but I loved it!  Since they're both under 2 years old, I took advantage of their nap times to get chores done.  I also got to spend time in my home office/studio, after I put the oldest one to bed at 8PM.


                   

My first project was inspired by Italy, Marion's theme at Sunday Postcard Art.  Italy has a rich fine arts culture, so I decided to go with fashion millinery.  I designed a hat using the garden theme at Inkspirational Challenges #374 and the fall colors at Cupcake Inspirations #640.  I used marker, watercolors, and colored pencils for my fashion illustration.  I found this quote by Versace that I really liked, so I hand lettered it.

               

Next, I have a card I made inspired by The Dream Factory Challenge #153 - The Reader, Try It On Tuesday - Inspired by a Song, and Beautiful Blossoms Challenge #44 red flowers.  "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" is a 1964, semi-autobiographical novel by Joanne Greenberg, about a teenage girl's three-year battle with schizophrenia.  In 1967, Joe South wrote the Country/Pop song inspired by the novel, but he reframed it as a romantic metaphor about the hardships and joys in relationships.  In 1970, Lynn Anderson's recording popularized the song.  For my card I used an Alinacutle Book Frame die; Spellbinders Simple Stories Flower Cart Die; Benecreat Cowgirl die; and a Sizzix Tim Holtz Roses embossing folder.

            

This art journal page is inspired by Psalm 133:1, as I feel the verse is a good reminder for all of us, during these times of division.  We were all created in the image of God, so I felt the marker character silhouettes in different colors were a good visual representation.  I'm submitting it to Crafting Happiness - August and Creative Crafting Uncles #80 where Anything Goes.  BTW,  I'm one of the Guest Designer Team members this month at Everybody Art - Challenge 604 - Anything Goes.  Please join us!

T Stands for Tuesday 8/18/2026 & Happy Tuesday 8/18/2026

What's On your Workdesk? Wednesday 898/118 & Friday Face Off 8/21/2026
Art For Fun Friday 404 & Saturday Critters #662

Mosaic Mondays No. 202 & My Sunday Best #495

            
               

My this, that, and the other mosaic features:
  1. A Michelada I had at MCO, here in Del Rio, Texas
  2. A Collage of pictures of my week with my grandsons
  3. A snail in my backyard
  4. A Yellow Bells shrub in my front yard
In closing, I have an excerpt from the sermon I wrote for the 12th Sunday After Pentecost:

The Canaanite woman in today's gospel is not one of the chosen people.  Her people have idolatrous practices, but she believes Jesus is the Lord, so she begs him to heal her sick daughter.  Yet he ignores her at first, and even calls her a dog.  Why?  It's clear that Jesus believed that his ministry was first and foremost to the Jewish people, as God had chosen them as his instrument for saving the world.  However, the Canaanite woman demonstrated more faith than many of the Jews.  So regardless of their different cultural views, they listen, interact, and ultimately come together and share in the healing that needed to happen.  Therefore, perhaps the story is about faith, breaking prejudices, and being healed through the love of Christ.

Thanks for visiting!   ¡Gracias por visitarme!  Please leave a comment, and I'll be sure to reciprocate, so that we can get to know each other.

Shalom,
Arnoldo+

Comments

Lunch Lady Jan said…
How lovely to have had your grandsons staying with you, the colouring and swimming pics are so cute! The Versace art is lovely and I like the quote very much, I hadn’t heard of that before. I am the most unfashionable person around but understand that it means a lot to others!
Hugs LLJ 2 xx
I really like the card based on Psalm 133 - very colourful. The song "Rose Garden" brought back happy memories - thanx.

It's always great to spend time with the family. May God bless you and yours.
Hi Arnoldo, you always have such a collection of interesting art to show us, do you ever sleep my friend? The piece for your sermon is very thought-provoking. Hope you have a good woyww. Angela x7x
ukmaryanne said…
Happy knitting-day WOYWW!
Colour me confused. Is this the WOYWW post? I can't find the link back and it's not mentioned in the post - or at least not obviously, so not sure if I am in the right place! I think it was the same last week.
Mary Anne (5)
Mary Anne, sorry for the confusion. The WOYWW logo is under the mosaic this week, and the direct link is under the family pictures collage. Due to my schedule, I find it difficult to do individual posts, so I always combine all my pieces, links, and logos into a weekly post. Happy WOYWW and Blessings!
Always interesting to visit your blog, you enter so many challenges. I have “Jesus loves me this I know “ on a CD of children’s songs. It is a very upbeat version which I really like. Amen to Unity in God’s people. Great card. I didn’t know the history behind “I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden”. A great song. Angela #9
Elizabeth said…
Your time with your grandsons sounds busy but fun. This week your post sparked a couple of memories for me. The heading - "Jesus loves me this I know" - took me back decades to my youth when I attended our local church in Edinburgh. Then you reminded me of the song with the "I never promised you a rose garden" card. I didn't know the origin of the song was a book. Another for the TBR list. Love the photo of the snail! Have a good week. Elizabeth #11
Sandee said…
Beautiful artwork and I love those beautiful yellow flowers. Yellow is such a happy color.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous day and week. ♥
Julia Aston said…
Another full post of inspiration here today! What wonderful drawing of your fashionista with her lovely floral hat! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Garden! Julia xx
BJ said…
Oh for grandchildren, how lovely. Adore the Versace image and especially the green. Thank you for the history of the song. Love the colourful people. Struggling with all the stuff going on around us currently, I've emailed everyone I can think of about it today, press, councillors, contractor HQ, enforcement. Hugs Bj#1
Deann said…
Beautiful hand drawn art. Great pictures, music and a red headed grandchild what more could anyone want. Best wishes and blessing to you and your family.
Diane said…
Fabulous creations you have shown us, I have a painting of the Jesus Loves Us verse in my bathroom, it has been a favorite of mine since childhood, great pictures and a great post too, take care!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
Diane BB DT
{Nellies Nest}
bockel24 said…
An interesting and unusual take on the Italy theme, and even with a Versace quote, thank you! I really believe that French and Italian ladies have a good style, at least better than most Germans ...
Hello Arnoldo, your photos are beautiful! Your creations are gorgeous and amazing! I love that Lynn Anderson song! How wonderful for grandchildren! Thank you so much for sharing. God bless you.
rupam sarma said…
Enjoyed your post. Beautiful artwork, Beautiful photos. Greetings.
Mr. Shife said…
Sounds like a wonderful (and busy!) week with the little ones, Arnoldo!
That Psalm 133:1 piece with the colorful silhouettes is vibrant and carries such an important message for today. I also really enjoyed your reflections on the Canaanite woman and breaking prejudices through faith and grace. Beautiful artwork, inspiring words, and congrats on the guest designer spot!
Your fashion lady is really beautiful. I love her hat with the leaves, and that green-oh to die for. You must be thinking fall. And your book isn't a real book. It took me a minute to see that. That's a great old song that inspired you, and I had to smile since I have cousin named Lynn Anderson and I remember us joking when the song came out. And I bet you had fun with your grandsons visiting and maybe needed that drink to relax after they left-grin. Have a super Friday and weekend ahead.
You are blessed with grand children and your creativity ~ Lovely post ~ Happy Weekend to you ~ Hugs ^_^
Christine said…
Lovely art Arnoldo!
Carola Bartz said…
A week with your two yound grandsons must have been wonderful, but I guess also exhausting. You were able to create some beautiful art - the fashion lady is beautiful. I also love the photos, especially those of your week with the little boys and the snail.
Gillena Cox said…
Luv your unity card best, today.
Happy Friday, thanks for linking to AFFF

much love
DVArtist said…
You always share such lovely post. What fun to have your grand babies with you. I do love the piece entitled Fashion. Very nice indeed. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a nice weekend.
Conny said…
Wow.. fantastic card, Arnoldo! Amazing!
And thanks for the wonderful photos!

Wish you a wonderful weekend!
Fundy Blue said…
I have no idea how you manage to do all you do, Arnoldo! I enjoyed each of the images you shared, but especially the one of your grandson painting. Even small children are intentional in their art. It's lovely that you got to spend time with them. At 8:00 pm I am already thinking about going to bed. 😂. The Canaanite woman's story is a testament to the power of faith, and perhaps it foreshadows Jesus extending his ministry to the Gentiles. I enjoy you including parts of your sermons, my friend. Have a happy and creative week!
Maria Medeiros said…
Wonderful creations! Time with your grandchildren is so precious! Have a lovely Friday and a wonderful weekend!
I enjoyed seeing your lovely art.

It's lovely to spend time with family and grandchildren.
I enjoyed seeing the colouring and swimming pictures.

The weekend is almost here, I wish you a happy one.

All the best Jan
Tom said…
...enjoy your grandsons, they don't stay little for long. We have five, the oldest os 24 and the youngest is 13. Peace be with you.
eileeninmd said…
Hello Arnoldo,
Beautiful art images. Cute collage with our grandsons, it is a joy to spend time with the family. The yellow flowers are lovely. I wish all people could live in unity and peace. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
Iris Flavia said…
I absolutely love your art! My Niece turned 16 yesterday and it was like talking to an adult! Just the other day, it seems, she was 5 days old and slept in my lap - enjoy the time!!!!
Jeanie said…
Two under two? Yikes! That's a handful -- no wonder you maxed out nap time! I loved your fashion card but what caught my heart most was one of your little guys doing the watercolor painting (and the other family pix too!). What precious times! I finally found your follow button, so now I won't miss things!
Those little ones are so much fun but take a lot of energy too! I know you enjoyed them and nice art this week too!
Wow. What a jam packed art inspired post. I love the Italian millinery. What a hat.

That rose garden and song you referred to must be a classic. I've never heard it before.

I really like your Unity card. I agree with how you chose to show the different individuals.

Those grandsons must have been a hand full. Looks like they were well behaved , though.

Thanks for sharing your two beers with us for T this Tuesday. I bet it made the heat in TX less painful (grin).

Happy T Stands For Tuesday, FFO and AFFF.

messymimi said…
I’m so glad you get to have time with your grandsons. My grandchildren are going to be moving away soon, and it’s not going to be the same without them.

Your post is so rich in content it’s hard to take it all in!

Last season at the ladies’ circle at our church, I did the chapter on the Canaanite woman and found out the word Jesus used for her was kunarion, which meant a small puppy or pet dog, not kuon, a wild cur, which was the usual slur the Jews used against them. That’s why her comment back was about the pups getting scraps, as Jewish families did love to have small dogs or pups as pets to sit nearby and be fed scraps and bites during the meal.

Have a blessed week!
MELODY JACOB said…
I love how much creativity you managed to fit into one busy week. It must also be lovely having your grandsons around, even if it leaves you grabbing those quiet nap times to get anything done.
Alex said…
Hi Arnoldo, your cards are all so wonderful and inspiering. Thanks for playing along with us at our previous challenge at Creative Crafting Uncles and good luck. Hope you will join us this challenge again.

Crafty greetings
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
Alex' Kreative Seite

EricaSta said…
Rememberings when I was a Teenager.  "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" was one of my Favorit songs! By the way... my grandmother loved this Song too.

Thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday

Greetings by Heidrun
Luiz Gomes said…
Bom dia Reverendo Arnold. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. Seu desenho ficou muito linda. O texto sobre o Senhor Jesus é a mulher cananéia é muito interessante. Sou totalmente contra a qualquer tipo de guerra. O principal é saber que servimos ao Príncipe da Paz. Uma excelente manhã de segunda-feira, para o Reverendo e todos os seus familiares no USA e um grande abraço do seu irmão em Cristo Jesus Evangelista João Luiz.
Such a lovely collection of creative projects! I enjoyed the beautiful fashion illustration and the colourful art journal page. Your week with your grandsons sounds busy but very special too!
Rosmarie said…
Fabulous creations, great song and pics Arnoldo! ... And yes, enjoy the time with your grandkids—they grow up way too fast! Thank you so much for playing along with the Dream Factory. Rosi x
You might also be interested in this challenge blog:
The Little Things
Sin duda todo un arte. Me encantan las flores amarillas y en general todas las verdad. "Nunca te prometí un jardín de rosas" ya el título es muy expresivo. Me gustó muchísimo el texto que acompaña. Que Dios te bendiga. Un abrazo desde España
Nora Noll said…
How fun that you got to spend time with your grandsons!!! Such a fun project. I love how you used the theme on your card. Thank you for playing with us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Popular Posts