H is for Heartfelt

Last week my wife and I went to Corpus Christi, Texas, and stayed at a hotel by the harbor.  There, we attended the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas' 113th Council.  I was a one of the 3 elected delegates from my church, so it was a true honor, especially since I got to participate in the election of our new Suffragan Bishop, The Rev. Jennifer Brooke-Davidson.  The theme for this year's Council came from Revelation 21:5, "Behold, I make all things new."

Blue Heron Spotted During Morning Walk
Pencil Sketch
Art Journal Journey - Out And About
Julia's What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #404
Kristin & Eva's Paint Party Friday: Week 52, Year 6
Alexandra's Sunday Sketches
Ramona's Inspire Me Monday
The theme was chosen by our Bishop Coadjutor, David Reed, because he interprets "behold" as a word of hope and call to action for the Church in church matters and in the world.  He sees Revelation as a call for us to seek "real life and peace and healing" during our times of "pain, sin, confusion, division and hopelessness."  "The future fulfillment envisioned and promised in Revelation bends back upon present times, shedding light, transforming lives, sending us into our communities and our culture."

"Real isn't how you are made.  It's a thing that happens to you."
From THE VELVETEEN RABBIT By Margery Williams
Tim Holtz Mini Bunny & Oval Dies, dotted lines embossing folder, & distress ink pads; ATC Card; Pressed Petals Cardstock; Ribbon, Pompom & Bead; Micron Pen
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Based On A Book
Karen's Word Art Wednesday - Weeks #272-273
Therefore, although they were long days of meetings, reports, elections, and other church business, I found comfort and strength in the underlying message.  I realized that even if it's not much, my humble words and actions to benefit others can make a difference.  Rather I share inspirational posts and artwork through social media, take communion to the sick, work with my students, help with community events, etc, I can contribute to the welfare of my family, community, and the world at large.

Corpus Christi Harbor
iPhone 6s Shot Edited on iPhoto
Denise & Roger's ABC Wednesday - Letter H
I hope this summary of my experience inspires you to take charge and make a difference in this world, no matter how small a task that may be.  A simple smile can make a world of difference, so pass it on.  Anyway, I want to thank all my followers, as well as everyone who takes the time to leave a comment.  It truly means a lot to me.  Peace - Paz - Shalom!

Comments

Lucy said…
What a wonderful project for the theme at your church. It is beautiful.
Lovely post and photos, too
A wonderful post - oh yes if everyone tries to make a differnce in this world
it would work much better for us all!
Your take on the Revelation 21:5
is super drawn and the card is just lovely!
Thank you very much for joining in at Art Journal Journey again!
I am always pleased to see you at the Challenge Blog!
Blessings!
Susi
Meggymay said…
I have enjoyed reading your post and how true that even a simple smile can make all the difference to everyone we meet, family friend or stranger.
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful sketch and joining the folk at AJJ, I'm pleased you liked the theme I chose.
It must have been good see the Blue Heron as you were talking your walk.
Yvonne
Unknown said…
I think most humans would hope to be kind and to find comfort in the kindness of strangers, it isn't much to ask..love your sketch, and a very positive message, d at 28
glitterandglue said…
Hi Arnoldo. Amen to making a difference through Jesus in this shattered, heart broken, world in which we live. How good to know that Father God loves us each with an everlasting love, and we can reflect that love in our daily lives, words and actions as we walk His way for each one of us.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #9
Sharon Madson said…
Lovely post and always inspirational! Also , love your bunny project! #38
MelodyK said…
A task appointed to you because you were the only one and best option for this (His) job.. so wonderful work to do ... to may do I would like to add. Done something similar many years ago and I felt truly honored, as you do.

Have a nice ABC-day / -week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/20-h/
Ann said…
Isn't that the second commandment Jesus said to us: Take care and love our neighbors. I think you are doing a tremendous job of that.
Ann
Leslie: said…
"Real isn't how you're made. It's what happens to you." I have always loved that story and can truly relate. Glad you found happiness by attending the conference. An honour, indeed!

Leslie
abcw team
Lindart said…
Lovely post, we can all do something to make our world better, and hope and positivism helps to make life easier. I unfortunately see so many terrible things going on in the world on social media, I have to focus on all the good stories, the human stories of people helping each other, and animals. There are a lot of good stories out there to keep spirits up! Love you bunny! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #40
April said…
Your artwork is lovely as it always is. The bunny is very cute. I agree with your observation that we do what we can even though it might be small. But if we all do a little then that becomes a whole lot!
April #36
Hi Arnoldo, You are so right about that smile. I have made so many friends just walking through the park with my dogs Stanley and Maisie, when we meet someone we smile or at least I do Lol! and soon we get chatting and I have trained Stan and Maise to be friendly too so everyone is happy. Take care and thanks for the visit to mine, Angela xXx 21
Trubes said…
What a great honour bestowed upon you
Arnoldo you must feel most humble.
I just love the sketch of the Heron,

Blessings and best wishes,
Di.
ABCW team.
Kelly said…
Beautiful sketches and card. Thanks for showing a view of the harbor. Galveston and Corpus Christi are on my 'Texas visit' lists. Someday. Sounds as if you had a productive time there. I agree, we can all make a difference - whether or actions be big or small. I feel small often makes the bigger impact on those around us. And I feel this applies to all of us, regardless of our Faith. Creative Blessings! Kelly #42
What a great post, Arnoldo - I can see that you have a wonderful time at your event! Love your Velveteen Rabbit piece, especially!
This is so lovely, Arnoldo. I love that sweet bunny. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by Word Art Wednesday and play along in our challenges. It's such a blessing to have you join us and I hope you will visit again soon and often. Have a wonderful and creative week.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
faith is an always new thing

ROG, ABCW
Dorlene Durham said…
Your post is lovely and your art inspiring. TFS. Dorlene #41
Christine said…
Beautiful page for PPF and SS, you are always so inspiring, a role model really.
Faye said…
Inspirational art and words, as always, Arnoldo. I love the velveteen rabbit art. It's been a long time since I've read the book but I have heard the quote a good many times.
Tracy said…
Sometimes a smile is enough to change someones day it recognises them as a person worthy of someone else's time and energy which on a bad day is very important. I love the rabbit and your writing around it is beautiful.
Linda Kunsman said…
what a lovely and enriching experience in a beautiful pace. Love your bunny card!
carol l mckenna said…
Wonderful creations and post as always ~ and what a delight for you in Corpus Christi ~ as well as a beautiful place ~ thanks,

Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^
JFM said…
Lovely sketch and beautiful thoughts~
Giggles said…
Of course you did, because others recognize what a great soul you are!! I hope it was a wonderful reprieve for you and your wife, with what sounds like a heart filled with hope on the horizon! Wonderful artwork!
Thanks for sharing!

Hugs Giggles
DVArtist said…
A very inspiring post and it sounds like you and your wife had a good time. I love the Heron sketch. Very nicely done as well as the bunny. Great shot of the harbor. Have a wonderful weekend.
Anna-Karin said…
This is such a beautiful post Arnoldo, and you are so right, everyone can make a difference to the world, and it is easy to forget that. Beautiful photo, drawing and Easter card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!
Anonymous said…
I like this posting with beautiful artwork a very inspiring!
have a beautiful Sunday
Elke

Jackie PN said…
Arnoldo,
Your Heron is just stunning! And I love the words you used to represent this page and time- just beautiful! Your event sounds like it was very special-Blessings~
Jackie ")
Sue said…
A great drawing and lovely natural art journal page.
Unknown said…
Great sketch of the heron, and the Velveteen Rabbit card is lovely.
stefanie stark said…
As always, your words speak directly to my heart. Now as I'm seeking for comfort after my beloved aunt's sudden death your biblical quotation was exactly what I was waiting for. Thank you so much for sharing these thoughts in combination with the lovely sketch and pictures!
Wonderful art this week. I especially like your sketch. Have a blessed week.
Cathy Kennedy said…
Arnoldo,

Thank you for sharing your inspiration. I recently began an art journal for the first time. I kept contemplating on doing this for years and doing nothing about until now. I decided I'd make an honest stab at art sketches for the April A-Z Challenge. I'm not an "artist" meaning I do not have any training other than the little I got in high school 37 years ago. Your hand-stamped Easter card is adorable! I remember reading the Velveteen Rabbit to our kids. It's a sweet story. Have a good day and God bless!
Jennifer Rose said…
I loved The Velveteen Rabbit as a kid :D

that great you were 1 of 3 delegates from your church, I'm sure you were grateful for being given the opportunity
Gloria j Zucaro said…
I always leave your blog posts feeling "quiet".