God's Inclusive & Unconditional Gift

 Hello!  ¡Hola!  It was an exciting weekend, as we got to celebrate my grandsons' birthdays with their cousin, at a combined September Birthdays Party.  My oldest grandson was very excited to have a piñata for the first time ever.  In case you don't know what a piñata is, it's a decorated figure container filled with treats, that is hung up in many children's Mexican celebrations and broken open with a stick.

Speaking of celebrations, we are celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month in my Diocese, which is a month-long autumn celebration of Hispanic and Latino history and culture held annually from September 15 to October 15.  With this in mind, I illustrated an ICAD with a Yellow-headed parrot, which is an endangered amazon parrot of Mexico and northern Central America.  I drew him sun bathing in the desert, with a bottle of tequila by his side, and a Mexican seal sticker.  The Mexican saying I wrote translates to, "He who is a parrot, is always green," which means that true talent, skill, and character will shine through no matter what the situation is.  I'm submitting this to The Dream Factory Challenge #154 - Autumn Colors, Art For Fun Friday, and Time Out Challenge #322 - Seasonal Colors Where You Live.  (BTW, thanks for the Challenge #320 Honorable Mention!)

Continuing with the celebration, I did a mixed media framed lotería card.  These playing cards are used in the traditional Mexican game of chance, similar to bingo, that uses colorful pictures on cards instead of numbers.  I have fond memories of playing this game.  I used an Alina Craft Mermaid Metal Die Cut, an EK Success waves border punch, watercolors, colored pencils, oil markers, a calligraphy marker, fine liner pens, and solid color cardstock.  I am submitting this to Freshly Made Sketches #754 - A Sketch by Judy, Creative Crafting Uncles #81, and Color Dare #721.  (BTW, thanks for selecting me as a challenge #718 Ruby Winner!)

Next, I have an ATC inspired by the work of Yayoi Kusama, the late Japanese artist known for her use of dots.  Some of her most famous works featured painted pumpkins.  I found this fascinating, since Pumpkins are an autumn fruit native to Mexico.  I used a KSCraft ATC card and sleeve die set, a Spellbinders Seasonal Decor dies set, a Sizzix Tim Holtz Cirque embossing folder, solid color cardstock, an oil marker, and a fine liner pen.  I am submitting this to #641 September Cupcake Inspiration Challenge, Tag-Along (And ATC's) September Challenge- Circles, and Can You Handle The Pressure.

Inspired by Pypah Santos's book, I did another pencil portrait.  Her likeness isn't quite there, but I'm overall happy with it.  I am linking this piece to Mosaic Monday, What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday, and Friday Face Off 09/25/2026.

😛 T Stands for Tuesday
🐦 Saturday's Critters & My Sunday Best
😍
The mosaic above, is my this, that and the other for the week.  The 1st picture is of a cup of coffee I made for myself last Friday, to which I added Girl Scouts' Thin Mints syrup and whipped cream.  It was a delicious treat. 😛 The 2nd picture is of a sparrow meeting by my swimming pool.  I don't know what they were doing, but were entertaining to watch. 🐦 The 3rd picture is of my grandsons' and their cousin's "3-2-1 Blastoff Birthday Party" this past weekend.  They had so much fun! 😍

In closing, I'm going to leave you with some thoughts about the parable found in Matthew 20:1-16:

In the parable of the laborers in the vineyard, the landowner goes out at various times during the day to hire laborers to work in his vineyard.  At the end of the day, the landowner pays all the laborers the exact same amount, regardless of what time they came in to work for him.  The workers who came in first complain, because they believe it was unfair that the ones that came in later in the day received the same wages as they did.  The landowner reminds them that they all received the agreed upon wages, and asks if they are envious, because of his generosity.  The parable of the laborers is countercultural, as it teaches us that God's kingdom operates differently from the way the world does.  Salvation cannot be earned through hard work, time served, or professional status.  God is inclusive, and salvation is for all who believe.  Therefore, regardless of when someone turns his/her life to God, he/she will receive eternal life.  "The last will be first, and the first will be last," reminds us that as Christians, we must avoid self-righteousness, jealousy, and envy towards our neighbors, and instead embrace humility, love for all our neighbors, and serving God.

Thanks for visiting!  ¡Gracias por visitarme!  Please leave a comment, and I'll be happy to reciprocate, so that we can get to know each other.

Shalom,

Arnoldo+

Comments

Popular Posts