P is for Perspective

The word perspective refers to the technique of representing objects in a piece of art as they may appear to the eye to give the illusion of depth; a picture in perspective; or a point of view.  

To Shakespeare's Hamlet
Mixed Media Tag
Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 - October
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Treats
Eva & Kristin's Paint Party Friday
As an artist, I focus a lot on the first two definitions when I work on my drawings, painting, photography, and other creative endeavors I like to delve into.

To a Car Aficionado
Tim Hotz Die, Micron Pen, & Assorted Papers
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use Craft
Karen's Word Art Wednesday #156
Julia's What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #282
However, the last definition is one I hold dearly as well, since I always like to look at every issue from different perspectives before I make a decision.

Del Rio National Bank Original Lobby
Ramona's Inspire Me Monday #147
Denise, Roger & Leslie's ABC Wednesday - P is for Perspective
Bella's 52 Photo Project - Point the Camera Up & Shoot
The latter is especially important to me when I'm dealing with my personal relationship with God, my family, my students, my professional work, and my finances.  In my mind, I'm following Jesus' advice in John 7:24, when he said, "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgement."  If I look at issues from different perspectives before making a decision, I'm less likely to make an erroneous judgement.

Thanks for stopping by and for all your gracious comments during my last post.  Your support is very motivational to me.  Blessings!

Comments

  1. Wonderful October tag take! LOVE the poison bottle, and your card to your friend is wonderful with the old jalopy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool October tag. Love the bottles and the sentiment. Very cool Krafty card too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great! i especially love the vibrant colors on the tag!! thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said on perspective!!! Keeping our eyes on Jesus will keep everything in the proper perspective.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well connected the verse from Bible! Wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the Halloween tag, gorgeous colours too. I fully agree with the verse you hve chosen and if everyone followed that advice they would make much better decisions.
    Have a great crafty week, Angela x 34

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always think of POV in the political sense.

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful artwork and spiritual perspective!

    Jeannie #27

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Hamlet tag is so inventive and striking. For some reason one of the rare school lessons I remember was drawing perspective lines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the perspective of that banister in the bank. Beautiful woodwork! But that car tag is the most fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a real cool tag! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #32

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colours on your tag! And I love the interior shot of the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice projects! Thanks for sharing!
    Cheers
    Gabriele 31

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maravillosa esa etiqueta para Halloween, felicidades!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It would be so cool to stand there by the beautiful pillars on that balcony/platform!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like the October tag but that card is brilliant, love it. Thanks for sharing.

    Sorry just getting to visit till now, DD stole my computer and I didn't want to reply on the iPad as it takes forever.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda #9
    Thanks for visiting and happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very interesting post. I like the pictures, especially black and white photograph of the Lobby

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hanging on to perspective in life as well as art is so necessary, but not always easy. I love this week's pieces, especially the car. Have a great week, Chris # 24

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tag is so beautiful! Love those pretty colors and textures. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your artwork, Arnoldo. You truly are a pro. Keep the samples coming. I enjoy seeing your work and appreciate your being a witness for Jesus on your website. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The bank shot is quite charming.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful work as always! Happy PPF!, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful tag and a sage decision making process!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great new artwork Arnoldo. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's a sign of wisdom that you look at different perspectives of a matter!
    I am a fan of Shakespeare, so the first tag is my absolute favorite :-)
    Have a happy PPF and a great weekend
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well said Arnoldo. LOVE that Halloween tag and the masculine card! Happy PPF my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely tag for PPF! Happy Halloween Arnoldo.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I always enjoy your art but that poison bottle is fabulous!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your creativity always amazes me, Anoldo, and I just LOVE the great texture on the car. I really want you to know how genuinely grateful I am that you share your wonderful creations with us each week. It means so much to me, and I can't say thank you adequately. Have a great week, and I hope to see you share with us again soon.
    God bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  30. The tag looks beautiful. The vibrant colors of the bottles are gorgeous.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your tag!

    http://missdaniellerenee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for another thoughtful post.
    I love the colours in your tag and all the elements in it which add up to such a successful result. Or to put it another way - great art, great tag, Arnoldo!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Words to ponder and art to enjoy! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I clicked on the "masculine cards" tag because I always hesitate to make cards for guy friends/family, worried that it's too girly. But your series of posts with this tag have given me hope! Haha :) Great work and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, and know I will reciprocate. Please be aware that all comments are moderated. Blessings!

Popular Posts