God's Abundant Life Insurance Plan
Hello! ¡Hola! The daily high in Del Rio, Texas, lately has been 90°F, which is 32.2°C, so it's still hot. So although I've been enjoying our swimming pool, I am ready for Autumn. What about you?




With Autumn in my mind, I decided to use my Spellbinders 3D Eggs & Flowers to make this felt egg decoration for my home. I love making Easter Eggs, but didn't purchase this die until recently. This was a nice afternoon project, using the basic tutorial found here. Of course, I gave it my personal twist. I am submitting this to Inkspirational Challenge #375 Scrabble Tiles, Ellibelle's Garden Party No. 18 - Anything in or from a Garden, and Simon Says: Get In Shape.
In October, we will be celebrating both my daughters' partners birthdays, so I decided to plan ahead. I used the Spellbinders Quilted Stained Glass Window die set; assorted solid color cardstock; and a Sakura Gellyroll Moonlight pen for the hand lettered sentiment. I am submitting this to Time Out #320 Photo Challeng from Kate Lesh, The Paper Players PP801 - A Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge from Jaydee, and Color Dare Challenge #718.
This portrait is a timed drawing I did in 7-minutes last weekend. The purpose of this exercise is to observe shape and direction. I used colored pencils to sketch the portrait, without using an eraser. That's why you can see all my strokes. Once I was happy with the sketch, I completed the portrait with watercolor washes and detailing with the colored pencils, before my timer went off. I am submitting these to Art For Fun Friday 4020, What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday 900/120 (Congratulations on the 900th post, Julia & Sarah!), and Friday Face Off 09/04/2026l.
![]() |
| 😎 T Stands For Tuesday |
![]() |
| 🙏 Word Art Wednesday Weeks 768/769 & Mosaic Monday No. 204 |
![]() |
| 💚 Saturday's Critters #664 |
![]() |
| 😍 My Sunday Best #497 |





The mosaic above is from photographs I took since my last post. The 1st photo is my mug from Mustang Island Conference Center, which is one of our 3 camps in the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas.😎 The 2nd photo is of me during our chapel service at St. James Episcopal School, during the Blessing of the Backpacks.🙏 The 3rd photo is a grasshopper, as I believe all creatures great and small, the Lord God made them all.💚 The 4th photo is of a Flor de Flamenco (Flamingo Lily), an indoor plant that my wife keeps in our living room.😍
In closing, I want to leave you with an summary from my last sermon, based on Matthew 16:21-28:
We all have happiness insurance plans, which cover the expectations we have for ourselves, guaranteeing our way of living, esteem, and control of our lives. It works fine, until it doesn't, as our happiness insurance plan can easily be compromised by unexpected situations. That's what Jesus did to Peter, when he told him he would undergo great suffering, be killed, and be raised. Peter rebuked Jesus, "God forbid it, Lord! This must never happen to you." Peter wants to protect his happiness insurance plan, which is based on human things, not the divine. We, like Peter, need to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Jesus. This means dropping our happiness insurance plans, which may include our politics, cultural issues, fears, angers, prejudices, and other worldly issues which stray us away from God's will. It means being willing to trade our happiness insurance plan for God's abundant life insurance plan.
Thanks for visiting! ¡Gracias por su visita! Please leave a comment, and I'll be glad to reciprocate, so that we can get to know each other.
Shalom,
Arnoldo+
















Oh, lucky you, here 16C / 60F... you have a swimming pool? Wow!!! Nah, not ready for the dark cold.
ReplyDeleteWonderful art! 7 minutes, wow. When studying we used charcoal only for nude-sketching and had 60-90 seconds, that was fun!
Looong ago.
Have a happy T-Day, Arnoldo!
Happy September! I really love the colours of the 3D Egg and the card is wonderful! All your photos are lovely and I wish you the very best for September. Have a blessed month!
ReplyDeleteYou are right, we need to trade our personal (human) insurance plan for Christ's insurance that His love and guidance will lead us to Heaven. However, being human, we are let down often by our human instincts, our human fears and doubts. The devil plays with these fears and doubts in order to derail us away from God.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you.
I love that Easter egg Arnoldo. I haven't seen that die, but it's a great shape even for little critters like a penguin. And your drawing is stunning too. 7 minutes? You knocked it out of the park in that short a time. And I also love the idea of blessing of the backpacks. I've heard of blessing the fleet and blessing the animals, so I learned something new. :) Wishing you a wonderful start to September and happy T day too.
ReplyDeleteYour project for Color Dare nailed our colors perfectly - thank you for playing along!
ReplyDeleteIt's been cold here all summer. The eggs is amazing. I really like doing quick draws. They help with decision making in your art. I try to do a quick draw everyday. This turned out beautifully. Your photos are excellent. Thank you for sharing with FFO.
ReplyDeleteHello Arnoldo, your photos are beautiful! And I absolutely love your creative talent! I love seeing the grasshopper and your green mug as well! Green is my favourite colour (like the colour of grass and leaves on the trees). I love nature, God's creation, and animals as well! I am so glad that God saved the animals along with Noah and his family, they are such a blessing!
ReplyDeleteHere in Montreal the temperatures have dropped to a comfortable 70s Fahrenheit, lower 20s Celsius, which I am deeply grateful for! After the extreme heat and humidity we had this summer I am enjoying the more comfortable temperatures.
Thank you so much for sharing your creative talent, your beautiful photos and your life here, I really appreciate you. God bless you.
Your stained glass card is just so pretty! A good way to use those challenging colors (in my opinion!)!!! And I love all your photos as well--my hubby just found a preying mantis yesterday! TFS! And thanks for playing at the Paper Players this week!
ReplyDeleteThe face portrait in 7 minutes is amazing and the stained glass card is beautiful. Aww, blessing of the backpacks. I hope all the children have a wonderful school year. Happy T Day
ReplyDelete90 F is downright cold where I live. Two days ago it was 113 F (45 C). Come to Kansas where it's really hot!! Every day here is 100 + degrees F (40 + C).
ReplyDeleteYour egg makes a lovely addition to your home. And I really like the stained glass birthday card. Your timed drawing is wonderful. And of course, you draw so well.
I would be remiss if I didn't thank you for this lovely mug which came from one of your camps. Thanks for sharing your art and your photos with us, as well as your mug, for T this Tuesday, dear Rev. Also Happy FFO and AFFF.
Happy woyww Helen #4
ReplyDeleteHappy 900th WOYWW! It’s a blog anniversary that’s definitely worth celebrating, all the love, sharing and support that goes on every week, what a tonic it is. Nice to see your autumnal take on the egg, that’s fun and I liked the birthday card too! Autumn has hit here in Wales, temps are down to 21C and it’s wonderful.
ReplyDeleteHugs LLJ 5 xx
Hi Arnoldo, I think Autumn is on it's way here in the UK, thank goodness it's cooled down. Happy 900 woyww. Looks like you've had another busy week. Great collection of photos too. WOYWW hugs Angela x12x
ReplyDeleteI love the sketch with the watercolour. Happy WOYWW 900! I hope you are keeping well. With love & God Bless, Caro xx #19
ReplyDeleteYour projects are always such a joy to see, Arnoldo! The egg and stained glass card are both beautiful, and your portrait sketch shows so much skill. I especially appreciated your sermon reflection-- what a powerful reminder to let go of our own “insurance plans” and trust fully in God’s abundant life.
ReplyDeleteYour felt egg is lovely. Here it’s down to 20 deg C and it has rained at long last. It’s forecast to go back up to 27 deg next weekend though.
ReplyDeleteHappy 900th WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 6 xx
I must look at the Spellbinders 3D dies!I amazed that that is a 7 minute sketch. We are at the beginning of Spring here in Australia... Looking forward to some better weather! Happy 900th! Susan #14
ReplyDeleteHappy Week 900 WOYWW!
ReplyDeleteThe gardener is trimming the hedges outside my window so hoping to sneak in while he has lunch! Toooo loud!
What a tiny grasshopper - your comments remind me of a song my FILs bluegrass band used to play - all God's Critters got a Place in the Choir ("...some sing low, some sing higher" :D
Love the 7min face - it's wonderful. Also every time I see those fish I smile - they are fab too.
Mary Anne (1)
Lovely art as always. I was about to go into raves on your gorgeous Easter egg when I saw that portrait and it all stopped. It really is so beautifully done. Wonderful work.
ReplyDeleteHello Arnoldo, Another interesting post this week. I like the felt easter egg and your pencil drawing is lovely. The photo of the grasshopper is fabulous - I've never seen one in real life though I have heard them in the garden when we lived in Germany. Happy Here in Scotland we are already feeling autumn has arrived. Week 900. Elizabeth #27
ReplyDeleteLovely array of cards in your post. I really like your take on our photo inspiration at Time Out. Great idea to incorporate the Color Dare Challenge colors. THanks for playing with us at Time Out.
ReplyDeleteGoodmorning Arnoldo! I love all the different things in your post, so much creativiness going on. The sketch is very nice and that stained glass is gorgeous. Happy woyww, Love from the Netherlands, Marit #24
ReplyDeleteI think you need a swimming pool when your normal daily temps run high, I would love it. Our apparent heatwave summer is over and I’m missing it already! But, conversely, I do love the change into autumn .
ReplyDeleteThat Easter egg is fab, nice Arnoldo twist on it as always, and I seriously admire your nerve and skill in hand lettering on the card, it looks ace!
Lovely art
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful creative projects, Rev. Arnoldo! Knocking out that expressive portrait in just seven minutes is fantastic, and the quilted stained-glass cards look gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteYour sermon excerpt on letting go of our own "happiness insurance" to truly take up our cross and follow Jesus is profound and timely food for thought. Wishing you cooler autumn breezes soon, and blessings on your work at St. James!
Glad to get autumn. Welcome September. The summer was to hot, and we hope for better degrees. Here it's raining at the moment and we are happy about...
ReplyDelete...your artwork is again wonderful to see.
Greetings by Heidrun
Hi Arnoldo! Thanks for your visit earlier! What amazing projects! I really like the portrait. 32C is definitely way too hot - I prefer 18-19C myself - anything above that is stifling unless you're by the sea! Happy #900! zsuzsa #23 from WOYWW
ReplyDelete...the 90s is way too hot for me. The beauty of fall is a just reward. Peace.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful portraits created! I hope you have a great beginning to your Autumn :)
ReplyDeleteI tried commenting several times yesterday but my comment refused to publish. Thanks for being a part of WOYWW. Happy 900th. Sarah
ReplyDeleteSuch great projects in this post, thank you so much for sharing at my Garden party. We're currently having a late-season heatwave (extreme heat warning) here in Illinois too, should be a little bit better tomorrow. The worst are the mosquites, can't escape them!!
ReplyDeleteLovely art work ~ like the egg especially ~lovely nature photos too ~ thanks for commenting on my blog ~ Hugs ^_^
ReplyDeletehttps://anartistreflects.com
God's abundant life and His promises have held my up this past year. I so appreciate you sharing your sermons. I scroll to the bottom to read that first. Thank you! Your friend, Diane
ReplyDeleteSo many lovely things posted here, Arnoldo! I came to see your lovely felt egg made for the Inkspirational Challenge - so pretty with the beaded flowers! Fun to see the blessing of the backpacks as well! Julia xx
ReplyDeleteHello Arnoldo
ReplyDeleteYou art work is amazing. The felt egg is cute, well done! Lovely stained glass birthday card. It is still hot and humid in Maryland. I do not see grasshoppers often, they are kind of cute. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
Your seven minute portrait turned out really well, Arnoldo. I wouldn't be able to achieve something like in such short. Yoyur church looks beautiful, simple with beautiful stained glass windows. I like grasshoppers, too - I didn't see that many this year, but there have been more lizards than usual in my garden.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by Arnoldo, love the Easter egg! My workspace is anything but organised but thank you! Happy WOYWW 900, Cindy xx
ReplyDeleteYour card is perfect for the Color Dare challenge. Thanks for playing along!
ReplyDeleteooh some lovely photos and the card looks great too. Kyla
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree with the Enthusiasmus before... thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday
ReplyDeleteGreetings by Heidrun
Lovely egg and cards. You are very creative.
ReplyDeleteYes, it's still hot here too. Also temperatures in the 90s. I'm looking forward to autumn. I never thought I'd say this as normally I love summer, but it's been a hot one. I also look forward to gong back to the routine. That sounds boring but all my clubs and groupd break uop for the summer and I can't wait to get going again.
Love the grasshopper
Lisca
Your critters picture- I think your fingerprints are really neat looking in this image!
ReplyDeleteOh dear, sorry I was sooo sure I poppe in to say hello on last week 900th post, But it seems I didn't comment, or forget to post it! hope yu've had a great week, Happy 900th WOYWW ((Lyn))#22
ReplyDelete