Say No To Judgmentalism & Say Yes To Forgiveness

Hello!  ¡Hola!  I want to begin by thanking everyone that left such kind words regarding my wife's Dad, who recently lost his wife.  My wife had a nice visit with him, and is back home safely.  It's been a busy week, so I'm glad I was able to squeeze in some time for creativity.

I love chalkboard art, and have made signs for weddings, birthdays, and church feasts - see picture below.  Hence, when I found the Spellbinder's Simple Stories Pink Lemonade Stand die set on sale, I had to get it.  It gave me ample space to hand letter "Fall, Family, and Faith," using a Sakura Gellyroll Moonlight pen.  I am submitting this card to Cut It Up Challenge #364 ~ In Shape, Craft Rocket Challenge #140 - Use Dies, and The Paper Players PP803 - A color Challenge from LeAnne.  This was so much fun to make, so I'll probably use this die a lot!

In October, we'll be celebrating one of my daughter's birthday, so I decided to get ahead of the game.  For my design, I used the Spellbinders Sunset In A Glass and Tropical Fair die sets, as well as a Simon Says Scalloped Circle die and a generic birthday sentiment die.  I also made a matching envelope to go with it, using a Sizzix Tim Holtz Vintage Labels die set and a generic birthday hat die.  As a finishing touch, I rounded the card's upper right corner with an EK Success punch and added faux stitching lines with a Copic Fine Nib pen to all the panels.   I am submitting this card to Color Dare #720, The Paper Funday September 2026 Challenge #91 Sketch, and Festive Friday Card Making and Paper Crafting Challenge #FF0218.  I can't afford to host a beach birthday party for my daughter, but I can make her a card.  LOL!

I continue to enjoy Pypah Santos' book, through studies of diverse faces, using pencil and a blending stump.  I know this isn't a photorealistic portrait, but feel that at least I captured her ethnicity.  I needed to spend more time on it, but I did it late Friday evening after finishing the first draft of my sermon, and didn't have time to get back to it.  I am linking this drawing to Art For Fun Friday, What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday, and Friday Face Off.

😋 T Stands for Tuesday 09/15/2026
😘 Saturday's Critters
😎 My Sunday Best
🎨 Mosaic Monday

The mosaic above, is from pictures I've taken of this, that, and the other.  The 1st picture is of a smoothie I made for myself last week.  I like using milk, different fruits, peanut butter, and ice in them. 😋 The 2nd picture is of my cats Rolo and Gris, who like to hang out under my drafting table.  They're not constructive critics of my art and sermons like Sammy, but they do rally me on. 😘 The 3rd picture is of a Silverleaf Nightshade flower that I found during a recent walk at a nearby park.  It is native to the Southwestern USA, Mexico, and parts of South America. 😎 The 4th picture is a piece of chalkboard art I did when my oldest grandson turned 1 year old.  He had a Rodeo themed party, so I used Western style graphics. 🎨 

In closing, I'd like to leave you with a summary of my sermon for the 16th Sunday after Pentecost:

Making judgments is a necessary function, like when we make personal choices based on the Greatest Commandment, which is to love God above all things, and our neighbors as ourselves.  However, judgementalism involves a rush to make negative evaluations of others based on personal opinions.  That's Paul's point, in Romans 14, where the Christian community was divided over what to eat or not, and what days to hold as sacred.  Regardless of choices in matters such as these, what's important is that they're done in gratitude and glorification of the Lord.  Secondly, it is Christ who will be the judge of all things - not us.  Paul's point is supported by Matthew 18, where it speaks about forgiveness, since refusing to do so is a form of judgmentalism.  Jesus says that we must forgive others, "Not seven times, but... seventy times seven."   To Him, forgiveness is not quantifiable, but a way of being, relating to others, and loving.  Remember, the largest debt that we could ever imagine, was reduced to nothing for those who humbly believe, when Jesus died on the cross for our sins.  We should do the same for all others, regardless of their sins against us.  So say no to judgementalism, and yes to forgiveness.

Thank you for your visit!  ¡Gracias por su visita!  Please leave a comment, and I'll be glad to reciprocate, so that we can get to know each other.

Shalom,

Arnoldo+





Comments

  1. I have always endevoured to never be judgemental. It brings shadows into your life. Have a wonderful week, and thankyou for visiting my blog last week. I am so far behind in my replies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it so difficult for humanity to forgive?

    Praying for you all. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely creative post, Arnoldo! I especially enjoyed seeing all the different projects you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your chalkboard art. And your daughter is going to be thrilled with your wonderful card. You have some lovely things here today and good words, too. I've finally got you bookmarked, since google followers is not updating our reading lists! I'm trying to get people who rely on that who visit regularly to sign up by mail. I hope they fix it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful shaped card! I love the chalkboard look, and your hand lettering is fabulous—it makes the “Fall, Family, and Faith” sentiment feel extra special. Such a creative use of the Lemonade Stand dies, too! So glad you joined us for our In Shape challenge at Cut It Up! 🍂💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous week of art Aronoldo. Chalkboard art is lots of fun, and yours is. That's a fabulous face too. And I think your glass/drink die is super. This is a fun post. Your shake looks just like something I would like too. Have a super T day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art is always so refreshing and beautiful. I was thinking of painting the side of my fridge with chalk board paint. I like the art too. Your daughter will be thrilled with her card. Your smoothie looks very yummy. Thank you for joining FFO .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great birthday card for your daughter. The envelope is a nice touch. Interesting comment about cats! Encouraging words on forgiveness. Happy T Day. Foxy .stamping-Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome art works. Great pics. Loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore your chalkboard art. The birthday card for your daughter is adorable. I like the flamingo swizzle stick. I agree the facial drawing shows her ethnicity. Happy FFO and AFFF. A smoothie is a great idea for T Tuesday. You used a lot of healthy ingredients, too. Loved the cat collage and that birthday chalkboard and vignette you created to go with it. Thanks for joining us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those colours really pop in your banner against the chalkboard Arnaldo - such a fun way to showcase a fall message too. Intersting to read your thoghts as always. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, and know I will reciprocate. Please be aware that all comments are moderated. Blessings!

Popular Posts