God Sent His Son Tag

This is my entry for the month of April in the 12 tags of 2012 series that Tim Holtz is featuring in his blog.  He started the series during the month of February, so he'll be featuring an extra tag sometime during the year.  Therefore, the tags I've done thus far are the Love Tag in February and the Courage Tag in March.


This month Tim presented 2 embossing techniques.  The first one involved using distress embossing powder on semi-dry grungeboard.  For my design, I used a BasicGrey chipboard undressed vine shape and 3 flower shapes.  I inked them and used embossing powders on them as per Tim's instructions.  Then, I arranged the flowers on the vine and glued them.  The second technique involved using embossing folders, reflection stamps, and a Vagabond (embossing machine) to create the background.  It is a really cool technique, but I don't have any of those tools.  (With a child in college and another one coming up, it may be a while before I can afford them.  LOL!)  Therefore, I used a regular script stamp for the background, and then embossed it with a Fiskars filigree texture template.  I inked the tag and distressed it as per Tim's instructions.  I glued down my flowered vine.  Instead of a stained ribbon, I tied a strip of red suede lace on the top.  Finally, instead of the word band and key, I made a medallion out of a pocket prayer coin featuring Galatians 4:4-5, some beads, wire, a jewelry making safety pin, and a large jump ring.

DSC03231

I love working on these tags, because I always learn new techniques from Tim.  They also encourage me to exercise my problem solving and creativity skills.  I can't wait to see the tags from the other participants!  I invite you to follow my blog and leave a comment.  Blessings!

Comments

Maria Sabina R said…
hei .Thanks for stopping by! Your blog is really nice!!! so nice to see a male crafter! Happy Easter!
Marlena M. said…
Incredible tags Arnoldo. Wonderful colors and design. ;)
Borqna said…
Happy Easter! Great tag!
Thank you very much for your attention and your comments on my blog.
/ I need some more time for my project. I'll explain in e-mail/
Unknown said…
beautiful tag! beautiful colors and flowers!
lindalou said…
This is beautiful. Your work is amazing and I appreciate you stopping by to comment on my little cards.

Thanks.
Sarah Anderson said…
Lthanks for stopping by my blog! Great tag, I've never heard of a prayer coin before, what a great idea x
Arnoldo said…
Thanks, Marlena. You're always so kind. Blessings!
Thank you for your kind comment on my Tim April tag. I see that you like to have fun, Tim style, too. Charlotte
Ruby said…
I should do tags more often, you're right, you do learn a lot of techniques. You've done a great job with this one!
Winnie said…
Such a lovely tag. I love the flowering vine and the background. Thank you for sharing.
Arnoldo said…
Thank you, Winnie. Blessings!