The Sower's Seeds

Hello!  ¡Hola!  Following a long period of drought, we've had significant rain fall in Del Rio this past weekend, and are expecting more this week.  Hence, on Monday afternoon, when it was hot and sunny, I cut my lawn and worked on the swimming pool.  It's hard work, but someone has to do it.  LOL!  Regardless of house chores, I always make time to work in my home office/art studio to read, write, and work on my artwork.

       
   
This week, Anja chose Fairies as our next theme at Sunday Postcard Art.  (BTW, thanks Marion, for choosing me as a fave last week!)  I decided to combine the Spellbinders Simon Hurley Up and Away die with the Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Butterfly Bigz die to make my fairy.  I decorated her dress with a Zentangle design, gave her a wand, and added some golden star embellishments to complete her look.  On the postcard, I doodled a garden scene in B&W, and lettered a quote I found by C. S. Lewis.  I stapled an old postcard acetate flowery frame over it, and glued my fairy on top.  I'm also submitting this to Ellibelle's Garden Party No 17, A Place to Start Challenge 202607 B&W, and A Cut Above July 2nd Anniversary Challenge.

Next, I have a drawing of a Kawaii walrus.  I was inspired by  ICAD #60 Beatles Song, and went with "I Am The Walrus."  This 1967, John Lennon, psychedelic song, is filled with surreal imagery which defies conventional interpretation.  It's a fun song, but I chose it to bring awareness to the fact that because of climate changes, there has been a loss of sea ice.  This has affected Walruses' habitat, and led to changes in their breeding patterns, making them more vulnerable.  I'm also submitting this to Crafty Animals #107, Try It On Tuesday - Animals, and The Little Things #06 Anything is Possible. (BTW thanks for choosing my ATC as a favorite!)
     
I recently purchased the book Playing With Sketches, by Whitney Sherman.  The book contains 50 creative exercises, along with examples and commentaries by artists of all genres.  One of the exercises talked about handmade papers.  I have a case of them that I made a while back, so I decided to pull them out to do this collage portrait of Jesus.  This collage technique is the same used by Henri Matisse and Eric Carle.  I am submitting these pics to T Stands for Tuesday - 13th Anniversary, What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 893/113, and Friday Face Off 07/17/2026.
Through My Lens 07/13/2026 & Saturday Critters #657
         
I captured these 2 last photo moments recently with my iPhone.  The first picture is of a Blue Plumbago, a flowering shrub that is native to South Africa.  This was planted in my garden by a previous homeowner over 26 years ago!  The second picture is of a goose I found nesting by the San Felipe Springs.  Located in Val Verde county, in Del Rio, Texas, they are the fourth largest springs in Texas.

In closing, I want to leave you with a summary of my last sermon, based on the Parable Of The Sower:

The Parable of the Sower illustrates people's responses to God’s word (the seeds) based on the condition of their heart (the soil), which can be a busy path, rocky soil, thorny ground, or good soil.  Some people focus only on the question, "what kind of soil am I?"  But truth be told, we can be all these types of soil at various points in our lives.  Hence, this parable is also about God’s faithfulness.  In the sower’s world wastelands can give way to hope, inefficiency to growth, and profitability to love.  With diligent care, God seeds become people that reflect the love of God and the teachings of Christ.

Thanks for visiting!  ¡Gracias por visitarme!  Please leave a comment, and I'll be sure to reciprocate, so that we can get to know each other.

Shalom,
Arnoldo+

Comments

Helen said…
goodmorning, happy WOYWW we could do with some rain here too as it has been so hot for many days. Helen #1
ukmaryanne said…
Happy slightly cooler WOYWW!
Always so much to see. Love the tie in to the Walrus lyrics. The blue plumbago flower is really really pretty, so cool and sweet looking. And I am totally to where I am ready for fairy tales again. Although, to be fair, the Brothers Grimm tales, in the original, were pretty darn dark... :D
Mary Anne (5)
Lunch Lady Jan said…
You have an eclectic mix of stuff on your blog this week, from CS Lewis to the Beatles! I didn’t know that Lewis quote, it’s rather lovely and one I aspire to, I may being growing older but I’m never going to grow old! Love your b/w mushroom too.
Hugs LLJ 4 xx
Hi Arnoldo, it's slightly cooler here this morning and we'd like it to stay that way though it probably wont. It's hard when you're working all the time to keep on top of things but you're doing fine by the sound of it. Loving the new art work too. Happy woyww, Angela x8x
Veronica Lee said…
Happy WOYWW, Arnoldo!
Love the fairy with her golden stars, and the walrus piece is such a clever nod to Lennon with a deeper message.
The collage portrait is beautiful, and I enjoyed the nature photos too.
The rain subsided here and I also had to mow. However, I just mowed my front yard, which is all the City can see.

What a clever way to use the butterfly die. She makes a cute fairy.

I love your ICAD. It is beautiful. No just walruses' habitats, but the polar bear is endangered, too. I had forgotten that song because I was never a Beatles fan. However, this time I listened and it also referenced "Lucy in the Sky," another song I didn't understand.

I bet you and Nicole both do great sketches. Happy FFO this week. And thank you for sharing your drink with us for T on our 13th anniversary.

Lovely critter and photo shots. I went down a rabbit hole trying to find the link to "THROUGH MY LENS." Finally gave up.

Have a great rest of your week and I'll "see" you on Friday.

Elizabeth said…
Hello Arnoldo, I've really enjoyed your artwork today. I love the fairy's butterfly wings - clever idea! The photo of the goose really caught my eye. It's turned hot here again, but this is Scotland so I'm sure we will see rain soon! Have a good week. Elizabeth #12
BJ said…
Yay you got rain - we could really do with some too, it's not rained here for weeks now. Oh and btw my latest Living Line panel was for a Christian Challenge and the scriptures which inspired me were about "Springs of Living Waters" both the woman at the well and revelation. Still stunned that she left her jar and what that means to us. Loving your CS Lewis quote and your cute fairy and super Jesus collage. The Walrus quote made me smile too. Thank you for the sermon summary - I've not been to church for a while now as it is too hot for me to go anywhere other than the occasional supermarket shop as it's lovely and cool in there. Praying for rain, cooler temperatures and my life back again. Hugs Bj#2
Lynnecrafts said…
Hi Arnoldo, I love that CS Lewis quote I’m currently reading the.Old Crones Club, by Jennifer Taylor-Gray where 4 baddies from fairytales are correcting their reputations.
You’ve done lovely art on your page.
Happy WOYWW
Lynnecrafts 7 xx
Love the CS Lewis quote! I love the Narnia books and have done since I was a child. The goose is a Chinese Goose, I did have to Google to find out.. Great projects. Angela #10
You're very talented. Thank you for your sermon summary. Much appreciated.

The Beatles song brought back memories of when I used to play it on my radio program.

It's still very hot here in the UK with no rain. Yesterday I saw two trees fighting over a lonesome dog.

God bless.
Fundy Blue said…
Such an interesting point and hopeful note in your sermon, Arnaldo: "Some people focus only on the question, "what kind of soil am I?" But truth be told, we can be all these types of soil at various points in our lives." I hadn't really thought about being all the types of soil at different points in my life. Thanks for broadening my perspective. C.S. Lewis is one of my favorite writers. He is so lucid. I wish I was better at making time for all the things I enjoy. I tend to get caught up in house chores. Right now I'm caught up in Swedish death cleaning. Groan! Loved your fairy. Take care!
Beautiful artwork and great quote by C. S. Lewis.
Conny said…
Wow, your creations are so inspiring! Wonderful art work!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Little Things!

Hugs,
Conny
It's always so fun to stop by and see what you've been creating Arnoldo. I love the CS Lewis quote and your art. The little angel with butterfly wings is really sweet. Do you know what the eggman is in that John Lenon lyric? I've always wondered. And super collage too. I hope you aren't in those floods I've seen on TV.
Deann said…
The teachings of Christ, Hand drawn art and a Beatles song. A person after my own heart. A lovely and entertaining post. Best wishes from here.
sirkkis said…
You created a sweet fairytale 🥰🧚‍♀️
Elizabeth, yes, all animals living in polar habitats are endangered by the climate changes taking place. It's so sad. Some people don't realize the domino effect that this could have on the rest of creation.
BJ, God is good and knows you can't be at church, due to health reasons.
Thanks, Angela! I try to identify the animals in the pictures I post, but didn't have time to look up this Chinese goose. Blessings!
Victor, I always enjoy your sense of humor. LOL!
Erika, this is what I found out: "John Lennon wrote "I Am the Walrus" as a deliberate response to the scholarly interpretations of Beatles lyrics by fans and critics who were dissecting the band’s work in literature classes. He crafted the song to be as obscure and nonsensical as possible, famously telling his friend Pete Shotton to "let the f... work that one out.""
Chana Malkah said…
Your fairy card is lovely! I like the quote! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah
DVArtist said…
Since we first met so many years ago, in blogland, I have always enjoyed your art. It has changed over the years and I think it's more thoughtful. You consider every move. I truly love this post. Thank you for sharing with FFO.
Sarah Brennan said…
Some fab work and photos Arnoldo. Making quick visits at Mum's. On antibiotics for my tooth so in a bit of pain. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah
Christine said…
Lovely art Arnoldo
EricaSta said…
Wow... I admire your busy week. And find here some Inspirations in your artwork, dear Blogfriend.
Last but not least, yes ! ... I 'm a great Fan of the Beatles too. Now I singing here Yellow Submarine 🤣
We all live in a yellow submarine
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine
We all live in a yellow submarine
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

Greetings by Heidrun
Granny Annie said…
I am getting ready because my first great-grandchild is in the oven.
Iris Flavia said…
You have a swimming pool?! Wow.
The weather is crazy here, too.
I started a book on journalling - so far a disappointment, sadly....
But we keep on going, right :-)
Tom said…
...C. S. Lewis was so right, but I've always thought growing up was highly overrated. Rain is a wonderful things, but it often comes in lopsided amounts. We could use some. Peace be with you.
Carola Bartz said…
I have read about the rains in Texas and that there is some substantial flooding as well. I hope you are not in that area. I would love some good rain here as well, but it doesn't look like that at all. I really like your ICAD and had to think of that Beatles' song immediately. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!
Carola, it's been raining on and off all week long, so we have experienced floods in the whole region. One of my 2 churches got some water in the narthex, due to water leaking. I also know a few of my parishioners had flooding in certain low areas of their homes. I'm still assessing the situation. In the words of Julian of Norwich, "All will be well."
Luiz Gomes said…
Boa noite meu querido amigo Reverendo Arnold. As mudanças climáticas, chegaram e algumas pessoas não acreditam. Nunca vi uma morsa, pessoalmente. Só pela televisão. Uma excelente noite de sexta-feira, um grande abraço carioca, do seu irmão em Cristo Jesus Evangelista João Luiz. A Parábola do Semeador é um texto Bíblico maravilhoso.
Linda said…
You have a lovely blog. Thanks you for visiting my website via Saturday's Citters. Enjoy the weekend.
Lovely art work '~ Hugs ^_^
Carol McK ~ an artist reflects
eileeninmd said…
Hello, Arnoldo
I heard Texas was having flooding rains, we need more rain here. We are still short. Your art work is beautiful as always. I loved all the Beatle's songs. It is sad the walrus are vulnerable due to climate change. The flowers are pretty and cool sighting of the goose. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
I have a fondness for Fairy Tales so I agree with the sentiment of you first greeting card. the Colorado Rockies are finnally getitng some rain, but the Front Range, wher eI live is still very hot and dry. Your sermon was inspiring--I am reminded that forests burn but there will be re-growth afterward,
The Goose doesn't even look real, it is so perfect. And I love to read fairy tales AND write them. Your post is full of creativity and inspiration! You've inspired me! Hugs, Diane
I really appreciated the sermon. I have definitely gone through a difficult time in my life and will never be the same. This message gives me hope. Thank you!
Ellibelle said…
A beautiful and magical fairy card with a wonderful quote, so glad you shared at my Garden Party. Cute walrus drawing too and love your photos.
So pleased you got some rain.
Here in most parts of the UK it has been very hot and everywhere is so dry ... some rain would be most welcome.

I like your fairy art and two very nice photographs near the end of your post.

All the best Jan
Hello, Rev. Arnoldo. I enjoyed your post. Do you post your sermons either on YouTube or a Podcast? Parable Of The Sower- It would have been nice to hear it in person! Thank you for visiting Life Captured.
Have a fun week.
All the best.
Debra @ Life Captured
it's good to spend time on your art. I recently heard an interview with a lady that has written a couple of books about fairies in Ireland. We recently went on a fungi hunt, but didn't find any fairies sitting on toadstills! Have a great week, and thankyou for visiting my blog this week.
rupam sarma said…
Glad to read your post. Awesome fairy cards.
Greetings.
EricaSta said…
Happy to see your post at MosaicMonday. Greatful again... thank you, dear blogfriend

Greetings by Heidrun
R's Rue said…
Thank you for sharing your wisdom. I need it. God bless you for being a blessing to me.
Rostrose said…
Dear Arnoldo,
I think I've always been the right age for fairy tales. Incidentally, we have a friend who has a PhD in storytelling—she makes a living from it, collecting fairy tales from all over the world, inventing her own, writing books—and it's always about the deeper meaning, in addition to the beautiful or sad story itself. You solved the fairy challenge well and creatively!

I initially had to grin at your quote from "I Am The Walrus"—but there's a deeper meaning here too... which, unfortunately, is very serious.
Thank you for sharing your work and thoughts! And thank you for your kind comment!
All the best from Austria 🤗
Traude
Debra, I don't post my sermons on YouTube or a Podcast, but thanks for the idea. We do stream our services at:
https://www.facebook.com/stjamesdelrio/?ref=embed_page
However, I don't have a tech person that can do it regularly these days.
Always good to see your drawings Arnoldo. Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

Popular Posts