Who Do You Say That I Am?

Hello!  ¡Hola!  I can't believe that Summer is gone, and that the students at our parochial school are back in class.

Speaking of time, I made a space aliens card trio for my 2 grandsons and their cousin, who are having a "3-2-1 Blast-Off" birthday party.  (They are all September babies.)  For my design, I was inspired by Just Add Ink Challenge #792 Choose Two (Gingham, Circles, Flowers, Sequins), The Paper Player Sketch Challenge PP800 by Ann, Love Those Pretty Papers Challenge Look To The Skies, and What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday 899/119.  I used a Sizzix Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Frame Bigz die & Pete Hughes Infinite Doodles dies; Spellbinders Dancin' Birthday Monster, Smart Glasses, & Classic Pooh Alphabet dies; Fiskars star template & punches; Googly eyes; a variety of cardstock colors, textures, & prints; a Dymo label maker; and Copic Fine Nib pens.
Next, I have a postcard I did inspired by Pablo Picasso's "Mother With Dead Child On A Ladder."  This was a study in pencil and crayon that he did for Guernica, in 1937, which is regarded as the most moving and powerful anti-war painting in history.  I began by embossing a piece of yellow cardstock using a Baofali Irregular Stereograph embossing folder.  Then, I sketched the drawing with a pencil and used crayons to color it.  Finally, I cut it to fit on a 6x4 inch black postcard.  I am submitting this piece to Sunday Postcard Art Cracked by Deann (Thanks for featuring my Italy postcard), A Place to Star Challenge 202608,  Can You Handle The Pressure - 8/2026 Anything Goes, and Friday Face Off 08/28/2026.
       
I painted this mermaid and jellyfish scene on an ATC, inspired by ATC Around the World #140 Summer, Sun, Beach, The Little Things #07 Mermaids and/or Fish, Paper, Rocks, Scissors Challenge #19, and Art For Fun Friday 4014.  I used Faber-Castell Gelatos, which I blended with miniature Color Shapers.  For the lettering I used a Sakura Gellyroll pen.  It was a quick, but fun piece to make!
This photograph mosaic is my "this, that and the other" for the week.  The first picture is of mugs I had made using photographs of each of my grandsons, which I gave as Christmas gifts to immediate family members.  The second picture is of a Gulf of Mexico Coast toad, that I rescued from my swimming pool.  The last picture is of my wife and me, that my daughter took during the Summer of 2022, after our visit to the Museo Picasso, in Barcelona, Spain.  I'm linking these pictures to T Stands for Tuesday, Saturday Critters #663, Mosaic Monday No. 203, and My Sunday Best #496.

In closing, I'll leave you with a summary of my sermon for Matthew 16:13-20:

In this Gospel reading, Jesus seems to be testing the disciples.  First, he asks what they hear and see around them.  Then, he asks, "Who do you say that I am?"  In this question, he wants to know what they hear and see within themselves - what's in their heart.  Simon answers, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the Living God."  With this answer, Simon re-centers his life - Christ is the axis around which he will present his body “as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God.”  Hence, Jesus exclaims, "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church."  We are continually distracted by issues such as family, desires, finances, culture, ideologies, politics, and idols.  That's why Jesus wants us to continuously re-center our lives on Christ, so we can become a new person, rock-like, the foundation on which the presence and Glory of Christ lies.  So let us shape our lives into the "rock" that Jesus created us to be through our words and actions as we love God above all things, and all our neighbors as ourselves.

Thanks for visiting!  ¡Gracias por visitarme!  Please leave a comment, and I'll be glad to reciprocate, so that we can get to know each other.

Shalom,
Arnoldo+

Comments

  1. I really like the blue monster from outer space. You're very talented.

    Thank you for always ending your posts with a sermon.

    God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your art - and the mugs! Wonderful!
    And the sweet pic of you two :-)
    Have a great T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't realised they were mugs until I read your comment. Fantastic!
    And I love that picture of you and your wife in Barcelona. (I love Barcelona). There is also a Picasso museum in Malaga which I visited too.
    Thanks for the reading. Yes, we all need to re-center our life every now and then. Thanks for reminding me.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  4. What adorable 3-2-1 Bast Off cards, Arnoldo! The googly eyes are a hoot! I know your grandsons and their cousin will love them. Thank you for entering them into our 800th challenge at The Paper Players. Your Picasso inspired postcard is amazing, too. You are so gifted. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented. The mugs are excellent! From blue monsters to mermaids. 3 2 1 blast off birthday party, how fun. You have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post cards and wonderful mug with precious photos! I love the picture of you and your lovely wife! So sweeeet! Wonderful post and very creative! Have a lovely rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely post, so many fun things to look at. I love your art work, your beautiful photos and your words. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love ❤️ your talent in art, and I enjoyed your photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the 3-2-1 cards for the September birthday boys! Such fun, you just know the party really will be a blast 😊 I found your Guernica homage very poignant indeed. Well done for rescuing the toad too, we all need help sometimes x
    Hugs LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The UK Summer school holiday is from the end of July and all of August but with the shift in climate there is talk of changing it. Love the Alien cards, super fun and your postcard is most striking. Your mermaid has reminded me of the sewing project which has been on the back burner for some time now.... lovely photos. Hugs Bj#12

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super cute card line up Arnoldo. I love the sweet sparkles and fun little guys. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your alien Card arnoldo they are so cute. Hope the party goes with a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always a pleasure to come here and see what you have been up to, looks like you have been quite busy with your artistic side with some awesome 'art' fun pieces! I would imagine your grandsons treasure every piece you create for them!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Love Those Pretty Papers!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    Love Those Pretty Papers Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a beautiful family and those mugs will be treasures. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is late for me today as I'm still trying to sort out the new laptop. I love your little blue monster he/she is so cute. The children here don't go back to school till next week after our Bank Holiday weekend. Great photos of you two and the toad too. Happy woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Las tarjetas de extraterrestres son geniales. La de la sirenita también y las tazas me encantaron. Menuda creatividad!!! Me gusta mucho la palabra del evangelio, gracias. Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello again, another lovely post. I really enjoy your cards and the photography mosaic you pop on to close. That's a good one of you and your wife in holiday in Barcelona. Have a fabulous week. Elizabeth #13

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous art again today Arnoldo. I like them all but the Picasso inspired one is well done. Luckily you to have made it to the Picasso Museum. I did not get there when I visited Barcelona, but I love that area of the old town where you were in the shared photo. I hope it was a super T day and that the week is going well. I also know I can't believe it's time for back to school already.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your Picasso far more than Picasso's original! And also, the photo of you and your wife. I should thinkk that your sermons are very thought provoking and moving.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved the large postage stamp frame. I have a thing for postage stamps and I wasn't aware of that die before. The cards turned out great, too.

    That Picasso inspired drawing is chilling. It is definitely moving.

    Your mermaid made a great ATC. Amd it's wonderful for AFFF, too.

    Those mugs you had made were so personal. I was really impressed. They were also perfect for T Stands For Tuesday, too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Arnoldo, that's a very nice picture of you and your wife, and I love the photo mugs too. And how glad I am that you rescued the toad from the swimming pool! It reminds me of a holiday in Italy where we constantly had to fish lizards out of the pool... (Unfortunately, not all of them survived their involuntary dip.)

    You're also showing some very creative and diverse crafts again. I see that you enjoy experimenting with different styles and techniques. I like that.

    All the best from Austria 🤗
    Traude

    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/08/reisebericht-2025-hope-manchmal-ist.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. A "3-2-1 Blast-Off" birthday party for the grandkids and cousin sounds out of this world! Those space alien cards with the googly eyes and dancing monster dies are so creative and fun—they are going to love them.

    The Picasso study tribute is remarkably poignant, and the vibrant Gelatos on your mermaid ATC brought a great splash of late-summer color. Your sermon reflection on Matthew 16:13-20 was especially powerful—a much-needed reminder to cut through the noise of daily distractions and re-center our lives on what truly matters. Blessings to you and the students as the new school year gets underway!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this yellow card!
    Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
    Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always enjoy seeing your art and the space aliens card trio looks great.
    That is a lovely photograph of you and your wife.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Arnoldo, your three cards with the little space aliens are super cute! Love the patterned papers and the postage edge rectangle for the background. Plus it's a hoot to have them all wearing glasses too. Thank you so much for joining the Paper Players celebrating our 800th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ...our days slip by so quickly, make each and every day a special one. Life isn't a dress rehearsal. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Here in T&T🇹🇹 , vacation ends next week and school reopens
    Happy Friday, Rev
    Thanks for linking to AFFF

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the space alien cards. I am sure the boys will enjoy getting them.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really wonderful creations, Arnoldo! And thanks for the wonderful photos!
    Thank you so much for joining us at ATC Around The World & The Little Things!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  30. Arnoldo, I always enjoy reading about your art processes and even more so delight in seeing the results. However, I admit to being totally lost when you describe not only the processes but the materials used. The card with the space alien seems perfect for the September birthday boys.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely art Arnoldo!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. The trio of blast-off cards is great, Arnoldo, what a wonderful idea. All your art is really beautiful. I particularly like the photo of yourself and your wife in Barcelona, very sweet. I hope you have a lovely weekend - Carola

    ReplyDelete
  33. Loved seeing all your latest creations, especially the cute space alien cards! Beautiful photo of you and your wife, too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Arnoldo
    Your art work is wonderful, I love the alien cards. The mermaid and jellyfish is awesome. Lovely photo of you and your wife. Great capture of the toad. I wish your grandsons a very happy birthday!
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  35. OMG what fun & fabulous creations! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure and LTPP challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Can You Handle the Pressure Co-Owner
    Love Those Pretty Papers Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  36. Imagine and the mermaid is perfect for me. And I love the way your sermon ended. What a good message for me today! Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely series of creations ~ all delightful ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awesome creations!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PAPER ROCKS SCISSORS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy quite late WOYWW catch-up!
    Quite late this week and started from the bottom of the list for a change. So much to see! Those alien cards are adorable - or is it one card? No, def. 3. The postcard is fab and an anti-war message just what we need about now. Bet doing the mermaid on an ATC was a challenge LOL! So small. You look happy in the photo - no clue if the frog is happy or not {wink} but it's a great photo too!
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I too like the blue monster and the frog! Happy WOYWW! I am now in rehab after my hip replacement and doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What an amazing mermaid painting!! ...and there are so many more amazing things to discover!!—I'm impressed by your creativity, Arnoldo!! Thank you so much for playing along with The Little Things. Rosi x
    You might also be interested in this challenge blog:
    Dream Factory

    ReplyDelete
  42. beautiful art and beautiful words! xo

    ReplyDelete
  43. I do like your Picasso inspired poster. His painting of Guernica is so powerful. Looking at that painting one can feel the heart break of all those killed in the devastation Nazi air raid.

    ReplyDelete
  44. The yellow work is so interesting! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    A Place To Start DT
    613 Avenue Create Co-Owner
    Creative Em my blog
    Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
  45. Dear Blogfriend, here so much to see: Art and very interesting explain about. I agree, we should do more for peace. Guernica is indeed a greatful work... but I 'm not a Fan of Picasso. I cannot condone the way he treats women.

    And of course it's so nice , you and your wonderful wife at Barcelona.

    Thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday

    Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  46. I visited the same museum in Barcelona back in 1986 Arnoldo. Great artwork on your page as always. Stay safe and Happy Belated WOYWW. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a beautiful photo of you and your wife on vacation. I love all your arts and crafts. You are quite the creative person.

    ReplyDelete
  48. A beautiful post, I like very much your take on the Picasso. Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your take on Picasso's "Mother with Dead Child" is awesome and beautifully presented! Thanks for another thoughtful submission to our challenge at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, and know I will reciprocate. Please be aware that all comments are moderated. Blessings!

Popular Posts