Say No To Judgmentalism & Say Yes To Forgiveness

Hello!  ¡Hola!  I want to begin by thanking everyone that left such kind words regarding my wife's Dad, who recently lost his wife.  My wife had a nice visit with him, and is back home safely.  It's been a busy week, so I'm glad I was able to squeeze in some time for creativity.

I love chalkboard art, and have made signs for weddings, birthdays, and church feasts - see picture below.  Hence, when I found the Spellbinder's Simple Stories Pink Lemonade Stand die set on sale, I had to get it.  It gave me ample space to hand letter "Fall, Family, and Faith," using a Sakura Gellyroll Moonlight pen.  I am submitting this card to Cut It Up Challenge #364 ~ In Shape, Craft Rocket Challenge #140 - Use Dies, and The Paper Players PP803 - A color Challenge from LeAnne.  This was so much fun to make, so I'll probably use this die a lot!

In October, we'll be celebrating one of my daughter's birthday, so I decided to get ahead of the game.  For my design, I used the Spellbinders Sunset In A Glass and Tropical Fair die sets, as well as a Simon Says Scalloped Circle die and a generic birthday sentiment die.  I also made a matching envelope to go with it, using a Sizzix Tim Holtz Vintage Labels die set and a generic birthday hat die.  As a finishing touch, I rounded the card's upper right corner with an EK Success punch and added faux stitching lines with a Copic Fine Nib pen to all the panels.   I am submitting this card to Color Dare #720, The Paper Funday September 2026 Challenge #91 Sketch, and Festive Friday Card Making and Paper Crafting Challenge #FF0218.  I can't afford to host a beach birthday party for my daughter, but I can make her a card.  LOL!

I continue to enjoy Pypah Santos' book, through studies of diverse faces, using pencil and a blending stump.  I know this isn't a photorealistic portrait, but feel that at least I captured her ethnicity.  I needed to spend more time on it, but I did it late Friday evening after finishing the first draft of my sermon, and didn't have time to get back to it.  I am linking this drawing to Art For Fun Friday 4032, What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 902/122, and Friday Face Off 09/18/2026.

😋 T Stands for Tuesday 09/15/2026
😘 Saturday's Critters
😎 My Sunday Best #499
🎨 Mosaic Monday No. 206

The mosaic above, is from pictures I've taken of this, that, and the other.  The 1st picture is of a smoothie I made for myself last week.  I like using milk, different fruits, peanut butter, and ice in them. 😋 The 2nd picture is of my cats Rolo and Gris, who like to hang out under my drafting table.  They're not constructive critics of my art and sermons like Sammy, but they do rally me on. 😘 The 3rd picture is of a Silverleaf Nightshade flower that I found during a recent walk at a nearby park.  It is native to the Southwestern USA, Mexico, and parts of South America. 😎 The 4th picture is a piece of chalkboard art I did when my oldest grandson turned 1 year old.  He had a Rodeo themed party, so I used Western style graphics. 🎨 

In closing, I'd like to leave you with a summary of my sermon for the 16th Sunday after Pentecost:

Making judgments is a necessary function, like when we make personal choices based on the Greatest Commandment, which is to love God above all things, and our neighbors as ourselves.  However, judgementalism involves a rush to make negative evaluations of others based on personal opinions.  That's Paul's point, in Romans 14, where the Christian community was divided over what to eat or not, and what days to hold as sacred.  Regardless of choices in matters such as these, what's important is that they're done in gratitude and glorification of the Lord.  Secondly, it is Christ who will be the judge of all things - not us.  Paul's point is supported by Matthew 18, where it speaks about forgiveness, since refusing to do so is a form of judgmentalism.  Jesus says that we must forgive others, "Not seven times, but... seventy times seven."   To Him, forgiveness is not quantifiable, but a way of being, relating to others, and loving.  Remember, the largest debt that we could ever imagine, was reduced to nothing for those who humbly believe, when Jesus died on the cross for our sins.  We should do the same for all others, regardless of their sins against us.  So say no to judgementalism, and yes to forgiveness.

Thank you for your visit!  ¡Gracias por su visita!  Please leave a comment, and I'll be glad to reciprocate, so that we can get to know each other.

Shalom,

Arnoldo+





Comments

  1. I have always endevoured to never be judgemental. It brings shadows into your life. Have a wonderful week, and thankyou for visiting my blog last week. I am so far behind in my replies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it so difficult for humanity to forgive?

    Praying for you all. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely creative post, Arnoldo! I especially enjoyed seeing all the different projects you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your chalkboard art. And your daughter is going to be thrilled with your wonderful card. You have some lovely things here today and good words, too. I've finally got you bookmarked, since google followers is not updating our reading lists! I'm trying to get people who rely on that who visit regularly to sign up by mail. I hope they fix it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful shaped card! I love the chalkboard look, and your hand lettering is fabulous—it makes the “Fall, Family, and Faith” sentiment feel extra special. Such a creative use of the Lemonade Stand dies, too! So glad you joined us for our In Shape challenge at Cut It Up! 🍂💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous week of art Aronoldo. Chalkboard art is lots of fun, and yours is. That's a fabulous face too. And I think your glass/drink die is super. This is a fun post. Your shake looks just like something I would like too. Have a super T day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art is always so refreshing and beautiful. I was thinking of painting the side of my fridge with chalk board paint. I like the art too. Your daughter will be thrilled with her card. Your smoothie looks very yummy. Thank you for joining FFO .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great birthday card for your daughter. The envelope is a nice touch. Interesting comment about cats! Encouraging words on forgiveness. Happy T Day. Foxy .stamping-Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome art works. Great pics. Loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore your chalkboard art. The birthday card for your daughter is adorable. I like the flamingo swizzle stick. I agree the facial drawing shows her ethnicity. Happy FFO and AFFF. A smoothie is a great idea for T Tuesday. You used a lot of healthy ingredients, too. Loved the cat collage and that birthday chalkboard and vignette you created to go with it. Thanks for joining us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those colours really pop in your banner against the chalkboard Arnaldo - such a fun way to showcase a fall message too. Intersting to read your thoghts as always. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arnoldo, you have certainly showcased your amazing creative talents in this post! I love your chalkboard card. The sentiment is perfect and the banner works beautifully for our Paper Players challenge. As for the beach card for your daughter, it's certainly a party on a card. I bet she loved it. Thank you for sharing that with us at Festive Friday.
    Have a blessed week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh pickle just cleaned my mouse and lost my comment - lol. Super chalk board die, remember the days when I just HAD to get some dies too. Gorgeous citrus card with a lovely pop of pink. Face sketch is brill. Adore the purple star flower although there looks like some mighty prickles on the stem. the cowboy boot gift bags are fun and the chalk board came in so useful again, love it. Hugs Bj#1

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy woyww, still keeping it short, one handed Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aiming to do better this week!
    Cool chalk art and love the card too. I wish I could draw faces at all - yours is great. And I am a total sucker for cats LOL! Just got a book called We'll Prescribe You Another Cat - they are the best medicine!
    Mary Anne (8)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pleased to see you've had time for some creatiivity. We are so lucky to find such pleasure in these simle things even when it goes wrong! Loving the card, I too have been planning ahead but with Christmas cards. I do this now as in the past I left things rather late to get them posted and I wont do that again! Have a good woyww, hugs Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your chalkboard art is very cute, Arnoldo! I like that style and it looks great wtih the banner in the Paper Players challenge colors. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great birthday card and you kept perfectly within the challenge. I loved seeijg your two cats.(And I saw two chalkboards too)
    Your pencil drawing is great. Don't worry that it is not exactly the same as the photo. That doessn't matter. She's beautiful.
    And as always it is lovely to read your sermon summery.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved your daughter’s birthday card - that corner trim really sets it off. It was good to see your cats, too. I like the sound of your smoothie, as well, though I tend to make them with spinach, ginger and fruit.
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. As usual I enjoyed seeing your projects and I'm so impressed with your chalk art too. Loved the photo of your cats. Mark Twain was the master of pithy remarks about cats. Have a good week. Elizabeth #11

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hola Arnoldo,
    I think your creations—whether drawn, die-cut, or written in chalk—have all turned out really well again! As for your smoothie: peanut butter as an ingredient is new to me—perhaps because it’s not all that common in Austria—but it sounds intriguing. I also find the rodeo idea for a birthday party very original and inspiring, even if a one-year-old probably won't fully grasp what's going on 😉. And we agree that cats are absolutely wonderful animals and, fortunately, cannot be enslaved!
    All the best from Austria 🤗
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/09/sommerliche-tage-ein-bunter.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely post. I do like your chalkboard art, and your daughter is going to be delighted with your wonderful card.
    Sending good wishes to you and your family.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your sermon summary, Arnoldo.
    The reminder that Christ is the judge, not us, and that forgiveness should be limitless is so powerful. Your creative works all reflect that same spirit of gratitude and love.
    Thank you for this uplifting post. 🌟

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful art, and a beautiful message.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the chalkboard art! And what a fun birthday party! Your kitties are lovely, and Mark Twain is correct! You definately captured the ethnicity of the woman in your portrait, well done! I love your card as well, I really need to start making cards again! I also strive to be non-judgmental (it's hard!) and do forgive whenever I can. Have a wonderful week, Lindart#13

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such beautiful eyes on your graphite portrait! And that Twain quotation about cats is entirely accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous art, photos, and inspiration.
    Thanks for linking to AFFF

    much love

    ReplyDelete
  28. Google is not allowing me to set my name and url ~ So had to use anonymous ~ wonderful chalkboard creations and cards ~ lovely portrait too ~ Hugs ^_^
    ps. have to forgive self first and rest follows ~
    thanks for commenting on my blog
    https://anartistreflects.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. THanks for sharing you card on the Color Dare Blog, Arnoldo. Love the way you used our colors and your fun die set! All of the green really caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad your wife is home safe from visiting her dad! The tropical card and custom envelope for your daughter look wonderful—handmade love beats a beach party any day. Your sermon reminder that forgiveness is a continuous posture rather than a tally sheet is powerful food for thought. Keep enjoying those studio cats and stay blessed, Rev. Arnoldo!

    ReplyDelete
  31. ...I assume that rodeo birthday partys are popular with little people in Texas. I wish you peace !

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great projects as always! That lemonade stand chalkboard card is clever, and the beach birthday card and envelope set is lovely. Glad your wife had a safe trip visiting her father.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello Arnoldo,
    The chalkboard looks fun and the birthday card is cute, well done! I love your sweet cats, adorable collage images. Pretty flower! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  34. what a lovely, inclusive post. you seem to have a lot of interests, the chalkboard is clever and i like the title to the post!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I always love seeing your art and handmade things are so much nicer to share with family too. Your sermon was perfect for me today. I had a lady say two negative things to me at a trailhead today and even though I took it in stride and answered pleasantly, I got back in the Jeep mumbling and making judgements. One thing I did say though that I is true....I was glad I wasn't going home with her. I hate negativity. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your creativ paintings are always an Inspiration.
    Thank you, dear blogfriend for sharing at MosaicMonday

    Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  37. I enjoy your creative art pieces and truly appreciate your sermon summary . Forgiving is not easy. I have many times prayed for the strength to forgive.
    It’s wonderful your wife is now home with you!
    Happy birthday to your daughter.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  38. The birthday card is very lovely, and you did a great job with the portrait drawing. Your cats are super sweet. Happy creating!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the flamingo on the straw. Hope you daughter loves her card. Thanks for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love your fun card that you shared with us at Color Dare. It reminds me of drinks you'd find here in So. Florida - we love our flamingoes! Great use of our colors as well as a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Always a lot to look at in your blog entries, Arnoldo! Thank you for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wonderful array of projects, each equally special. Thanks for sharing your creative project at The Paper Funday Challenge, we appreciate your participation.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, and know I will reciprocate. Please be aware that all comments are moderated. Blessings!

Popular Posts