Sorry, Not Sorry???

Hello!  ¡Hola!  It's been quiet around my house this weekend, as my wife went upstate to visit her father.  He lost his wife recently, so we know he gets lonely.  I miss my wife, but glad she was able to go.


During my wife's absence, I decided to use a Spellbinders Fergus Cutting Dies set, which I recently bought on sale.  Inspired by The Lord Of The Rings, the epic fantasy masterwork written by English scholar and author J. R. R. Tolkien, I turned Fergus into Gandalf.  He is the wizard in the series, who represents wisdom, hope, and a humble guide, inspiring others to fight evil.  (The movie and soundtrack are epic too!)  For my felt doll design, I chose grays and black for his robe, with off white, gray, and black hand-stitching.  Then, I made him a staff with a twig, beads, and a tassel; a traveling bag with a bead button and twine strap; and a wizard's hat with quail feathers and beads.  He is filled with fiberfill, along with crushed glass for weight.  I am submitting this to Creative Artiste's #130th Challenge - Anything Mixed Media Goes, A Cut Above - September Challenge 2026, and A Place To Start Challenge 202609 - Relates to a Song.

In my collage art journal, I did a page inspired by the Autumn season, the colors, and Holy Scripture.  I used Copic multi-liner pens and an Arteza calligraphy marker to do the hand lettering and line drawing.  For interest, texture, and pattern, I glued fabric flowers.  I am submitting this page to Colorful Options September 2026 - Rusty Brown, Art Journal Journey - Hello Autumn by Sharon, and Inspiration Station Challenge September 2026 - Inspiration Photo #89.


Next, I made an ATC Coin.  I was inspired by Just Add Ink #793 - Colour & Inspiration, Try It On Tuesday - Emboss It! (Thank you for choosing me as a Top 5 Make It Colourful!), and ATC Around The World Challenge - #141 Mushrooms.  For my design, I used a Kscraft ATC die set; the Sizzix Pete Hughes' Infinite Doodles #1 and #2 sets; and Tim Holtz Bricked embossing folder.  I used pastels and markers to color the mushrooms and grass shapes, as well as an ink pad to distress everything.  I finished it off with an old phrase sticker.

For my portraiture exercise this week, I decided to do a study in pencil of an ethnic face.  I was inspired by the book, Draw Amazing Faces, by Pypah Santos.  I am linking this art journal page to What's On your Workdesk? Wednesday 901/121, Art For Fun Friday 4026, and Friday Face Off 09/11/2026.

😍 T Stands for Tuesday 09/08/2026
😂 Saturday's Critters #665
😎 My Sunday Best #498 & Mosaic Monday No. 205

               
For this week's photographic mosaic, I have these 3 pictures.  The 1st picture is of a "Papa" mug, that my mother-in-law got for me after the birth of my first grandson.  It makes me happy when I use it to have my coffee in the mornings.😍  The 2nd picture is of my cat Sammy, sitting on a stool in my art studio/home office.  She's my little art and sermons critique.😂  The 3rd picture is of a Scarlet Muskflower that I found during a walk to the park.  Native to the southern half of Texas, they love the caliche soils along roadsides and in fields.😎

In closing, I want to leave you with a summary of my sermon for Matthew 18:15-20:

"Sorry, not sorry" is a popular phrase these days, used by a person that has no regrets/remorse regarding a bad choice he/she made, or by a person showing defiance to haters.  Truth is that people don't like conflict, so they avoid it or become aggressive, instead of positively addressing the issue.  In Matthew's Gospel, Jesus gives the disciples specific instructions on how to deal with someone who has wronged, offended, or sinned against them.  First of all, Jesus says the person that was wronged, is the one that is to take the initiative for forgiveness and reconciliation.  Secondly, Jesus says that if the issue is not resolved between them, others in the church are to become involved to bring about reconciliation.  This doesn't mean that the person that wronged them will necessarily feel remorse or change his/her ways.  However, they are to do this, because that's what God does for each and every one of us as sinners.

Thanks for visiting!  ¡Gracias por visitarme!  Please leave a comment, and I'll be glad to reciprocate, so that we can get to know each other.

Shalom,
Arnoldo+


Comments

  1. Your Lord of the Rings inspired wizard is very creative. Thanks for sharing your other artwork, also, all well done. I appreciate your sermon summary, too. Happy T Day. Sharon- Foxy Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your art again. Glad your wife could help grieving....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some nice ones
    Happy Tuesday
    Today i am
    HERE

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola to you too! Your Gandalf is very good. Must have been fun to do. And your Ecclesiastes verse journal page is very beautiful. And of course Sammy is absolutely gorgeous!
    Your sermon is appreciated. I don't get on with the lady next door and it's always me that has to initiate reconciliation. Howe often do I go on doing this? I know the answer: seven times seven....
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wizard is just brilliant.
    About your sermon; it is so sad that these days there's too much "Sorry, not sorry!" This world will never know peace until it learns to forgive.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Admire your creativity, appreciate the sermon. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great filled post Arnoldo. I love your Gandolf. He came out fantastic. I haven't been those particular dies, but they look like you could have a lot of fun with them. And your seasons page is lovely. The quote works for the autumn season too, doesn't it? Thanks for joining Sharon over at AJJ. And I didn't realize your ATC coin was made of paper. It looks like clay. And I like it too. It's a great use of embossing. Thanks for lnking up to Try It on Tuesday. And enjoyed reading about Sammy. Happy T day too with your Papa mug. We're excepting our first grandson next winter and we're very excited about that too. Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some beautiful photos here -- love your cat. And I have to say your wizard is beyond fantastic. That's a lot of work, and boy -- it shows. What wonderful details. So well done. I just hate that term, "Sorry, not sorry." It's so flippant. If you're not sorry, just say so!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous felted Gandolf very creative. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start.
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice post Arnoldo. I love your felt wizard. The mushrooms are fabulous too. However, my fave today is the face you sketched. Very nice indeed. Thank you early for joining FFO and have a very nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your journal page has been beautifully created and such a lovely reminder for us that God's time is always on time! Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and sharing your lovely card with us. We hope you'll play again soon.
    Donna xx
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, dear Arnoldo, your Gandalf turned out fantastically! I like your other works, too—I was particularly impressed by your portrait study, which I find very expressive. Your cat Sammy is a magnificent beauty 😺.
    I hope your wife is able to spend some quality time with her father and offer him some comfort.
    Happy T-Day!
    All the best from Austria 🤗
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/09/reisebericht-2025-okanagan-valley-lake.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous creation! Your Fergus turned Gandalf is a brilliant piece of artwork using die cuts. Amazing details with the stitching and twig staff. So very creative! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with the September Challenge at A Cut Above.
    Vicki - ACA Owner

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never read Lord of the Rings, but your wizard is stunning. I really like how you created him.

    I love your journal page for AJJ. It's beautiful and perfect for Sharon's theme. BTW, I learned it as "purpose," rather than "matter."

    Your ATCoin is adorable and those mushrooms are so cute.

    Your ethnic face is beautiful. I love that you chose to create that face for both FFO and AFFF.

    That is one small coffee maker, but it and your Papa mug are perfect for T this Tuesday. Love that you were early for T this week.

    And who doesn't love a cat. Yours is adorable, but don't tell Bleubeard.

    I hope your wife can give comfort to her father, because I understand how lonely people can get when no one is around,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Arnoldo. You sure have been busy. Your ATC inspired by our inspiration pic is a work of art. So many little details packed into one tiny card. Love everything about it. Thanks for joining in with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy woyww, thanks for sharing your news and artwork . helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay grabbing a few quietish moments before the daily works start...adore your Gandalf what an amazing die set and on sale too - total fan of the films here and the music score, Legolas was my favourite, must be the ears. Love that Ecclesiastes verse have it on my garden wall clock, super page. I was pondering a craft paged journal so you might have convinced me....Adore the ATC coin - do they have to be a specific size like ATCs? Great sketch and love the flower photo, think we had that type of soil over the Summer here in the UK with no rainfall for 2 and a half months and record temperatures. It rained all day yesterday such a blessing in more ways than one. As for your sermon, I tried the talking with the developers first, then took it to the council, finally I have gone to my MP. Lord give me strength.
    Hugs BJ#7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BJ, yes, the official/standard size of an ATC coin is 2.5 inches in diameter.

      Delete
  18. Sadly as we get older we lose more loved ones and I hope your wife's father is able to manage the grief. You have certainly been busy while she's away. We're lucky as our art work is a helpful distraction. Have a great woyww. Hugs Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous post - I really love seeing and reading about all the projects you have been working on. I love the vibrancy of your AT coin - Lovely pops of colour and texture. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did a great job with Gandalf! I love all the little details you added, such fun 🤩 Your ATC coin is great too, if you’re lucky you can find those Fly Agaric toadstools in UK woodland!
    Hugs LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Arnaldo, I love your Gandalf—he came out fantastic! Your Autumn Seasons page is gorgeous, and that Bible verse is definitely a favorite of mine. The ATC coin is stunning (those mushrooms are just perfect!), and your portrait drawing is truly amazing. You have so many talents, and it’s always a treat seeing what you create. Thank you so much for joining my "Hello Autumn" theme this month at AJJ! Sending my deepest condolences to your wife and her father during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your Gandalf, Arnoldo. You’ve been busy with your art this week
    Happy WOYWW
    Lynnecrafts 5 x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Arnoldo, I've never read or watched anything by Tolkien but I like your Gandolf. Likewise, your fly agarics are very pretty. They were known as fairy toadstools to me as a child but, pretty as they are, they are highly poisonous . They grow around here and if spotted a warning goes up on Facebook in the hope of preventing any disasters. The photo of your Sammy is lovely. Silver does much the same for me. She's curled up beside me as I type, of course. Have a good week. I hope your wife is home with you again soon. Elizabeth #14

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your Gandalf -- so creative with all the little details! The autumn page and ATC coin are wonderful too. Sammy looks adorable, and I appreciate your sermon reminder about forgiveness.
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another incredible gallery of art, Rev. Arnoldo! That Gandalf felt doll is fantastic—the quail feathers on the brim and the twig staff are such creative additions. And there’s nothing quite like sipping morning coffee from a proud "Papa" mug under the watchful eye of a feline studio supervisor!

    Thank you for sharing your sermon thoughts on Matthew 18, as well. Choosing reconciliation over pride and conflict-avoidance is difficult, but it's the exact grace we've all been given. Wishing you and your family a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A big WOW from me ... I do like your Gandolf.
    Your Papa mug looks great there too.
    I hope your wife will be home with you soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Boa noite Reverendo Arnold. Meus sentimentos, pela perda de um membro da sua família. Gostei muito da xícara de café, do seu desenho e da foto do gato. Esse texto do Evangelho do Senhor Jesus Segundo Mateus é muito interessante. Sempre falo com a minha mãe, sobre alguns assuntos da nossa família, entregar nas mãos do Altíssimo. Deus é o nosso juiz. Uma excelente noite de quinta-feira, para o Reverendo e seus familiares nos Estados Unidos e um grande abraço do seu irmão em Cristo Jesus Evangelista João Luiz. Vi a trilogia do Senhor dos Anéis. E aguardamos o Retorno do Rei e Senhor dos senhores.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A fantastic page with so many details to look at and enjoy seeing , I realy liked your Gandalf image. Thank you for sharing your art with us at Try it on Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love both the felt Gandalf and the ATCoin in particular Arnoldo. I am sure it feels strange having your wife away for a while. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely art Arnoldo, love the portrait. I didn't know about that sorry phrase,

    ReplyDelete
  31. Arnoldo, your creativity always amazes me and the wizard was amazing! Hope that your wife has safe travels and that your father-in-law will be healing and feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Shmae Arnoldo as we say in Wales. What fabulous pieces you are sharing today - thank you for your wonderful Gandalf for Creative Artiste and your journal page for Inspiration Station. Your calligraphy is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your Gandalf turned out wonderful, Arnoldo. When I first saw him, I immediately had Ian McKellen's voice in my head, "Expect me when you see me". I'm a LOTR fan, so this is right down my alley. Your portrait is really good, I like the expression in her face. I easpecially like her hair. Sammy, of course, is a beauty. How sweet of your wife to stay with her father while he is grieving. It is so good to have people at our side in times like that.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy Friday
    Thanks for linking to AFFF

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  35. ...the scarlet muskflower is a show stopper. Be well , Arnoldo. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I really like your Gandolf! Perfect! And Siamese cats are my fav, next to black cats. I've had both! {and still have my black cat, Inky) So sorry to hear of the loss in your family, and that your wife can be part of her father's healing. And it gives you some time alone to create! You are very multi-talented! Sorry for such a late comment, it's been a busy week! Lindart # 16

    ReplyDelete
  37. The portrait in pencil is outstanding! You are so talented and it's good that you mix things up with your art. I need to get back to sketching, I love it so much. I appreciated your sermon too. I recently got back in touch with someone who had wronged me and we are enjoying catching up. I prayed about it and decided the relationship was worth it, regardless of whether I ever got an apology. I won't hold my breath! haha! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello,
    Your art is always amazing to see. I like your Fergus wizard. Sammy the kitty is adorable. Your journal page is pretty, I like the attached flowers. Sending prayers for you wife and her father. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I particularly like your mushroom ATC coin, I've always known ATC's as rectangular.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Im smiling reading your post and my first thought was 'while the wife is away the crafter does play' 😁 Good to know Sammy is on quality control in your studio. Such a lovely variety of creations you have made too, each one totally different. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste with the beautiful autumnal gnome.

    ReplyDelete
  41. The felt dwarf has turned out absolutely lovely. And I was really impressed by your craftsmanship and the design. In fact, there’s a striking resemblance to Gandalf from *The Lord of the Rings*. My husband and I are big Tolkien fans.

    Thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday
    Have a good week ahead.
    Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  42. Arnaldo, the dwarf is adorable! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    A Place To Start DT
    613 Avenue Create Co-Owner
    Creative Em my blog
    Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
  43. I enjoyed Lord of the Rings. Your Gandalf is cute!
    With our technology these days, FaceTime your wife! Or Zoom 😉
    Have a wonderful week.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Enjoying you post. Beautiful art works. Cute Cat , Flowers looks good.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your art journal cover is beautifully created, fabulous pictures you have posted too, have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh, and I forgot to say: Thank you for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Diane CO DT
    {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  47. ANother great collection, Arnoldo. Condolences on the death in the family. Thanks for taking part in the "my Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh my goodness, this guy is just THE BEST!!! I own that die set and have yet to use it, thanks for the inspiration. Lots of wonderful work here, you certainly have a great eye for color and design. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at A Cut Above. I hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ ACA CT Designer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, and know I will reciprocate. Please be aware that all comments are moderated. Blessings!

Popular Posts