Hello! ¡Hola! Being out of town for most of the week, there has been a lot of catching up these past few days. I may get a little reprieve this week, but it's still going to be busy. Regardless, praise the Lord anyway!
With Halloween coming up in October, I decided to make my first card for family members. I was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches #755 - A Sketch by Donna, Inkspirational Challenge #377 - Fall and Halloween Cupcakes, and Just Add Ink #795 Stencils and/or Dies by Nikki. I went all Tim Holtz with this one, and used Sizzix Cauldron Bigz die, Sweet Treats Thinlits, and Vintage Labels Thinlits. I used Funcils oil markers and Mont Marte brush pens to color all the pieces and for the hand-lettered sentiment. The prints are from my old stash. As a finishing touch, I added the "charms" with hemp cord.

Next I have a postcard inspired by The Alphabet Challenge K is for Kittens, Sunday Postcard Art Knitting/Crochet by Rein, and Can you Handle the Pressure (9/2026). For my postcard design, I wrote an original haiku poem. Using a Sharpie Marker, I hand-lettered it, and then did a simple line drawing of a cat. To give it a knitted texture, I embossed it with a Spellbinders Mariner's Weave folder, and colorized it with Faber-Castell Gelatos.

These last 4 pictures are from last week. 😛 The 1st picture is of the mug I use in the mornings, when greeting our students as they're dropped off at our parochial school. It helps keep my coffee warm. 😎 The 2nd picture is of another Mexican Gulf Coast Toad I rescued from my swimming pool. They always look so grateful. ⚘ The 3rd picture is of a Society Garlic plant from my wife's garden. She keeps it in a pot, so she can bring it in during winter. ⛪ The 4th picture was taken during our Grandparents’ Day Chapel service at our school. You can see me sitting on the left side, while our Assistant Head of School was speaking.
We all have issues with authority. We often question, test, and challenge authority. We may even do it to God! We’re to love God above all things, and all our neighbors as ourselves; yet we may idolize politicians, cultural figures, and wealth, and choose who deserves our love. That's the issue in the parable of the 2 Sons. The first son says “no” initially, when asked to work in the vineyard, but later changes his mind and complies. The second son promptly says "yes," but fails to do the work. The first son represents sinners who repent, and go on to do God's work. The second son represents the hypocrisy of those who use all the right formulas of "yes, sir," but fail to repent and do as God asks. God is not the boss of us, because he's given us freedom of choice. However, he is our creator, redeemer, and sustainer, so each and every day he invites us to work in his vineyard; to act in this world with his authority and on his behalf; and to use our God given gifts to do his work. The choice is ours, but we must choose wisely, for as John the Baptist said, the Kingdom of God is at hand.
Thanks for visiting! ¡Gracias por visitarme! Please leave a comment, and I'll reciprocate, so that we can get to know each other.
Shalom,
Arnoldo+
Arnoldo! I'm so happy to see you playing with my sketch! I can totally see the elements with that amazing cauldron. I'm glad you passed on a tree. Thanks so much for bringing your creative take into the FMS gallery!
ReplyDeleteYour card with the cat is very original!
ReplyDeleteLia DT CYHTP
An amazing card Ronaldo! I love your cauldron and the candy "charms" hanging off the side. Thanks so much for joining us again at Just Add Ink.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos - especially of the toad - and I like the Halloween card you made. Your pencil portrait is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteFabulous creations! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
ReplyDeleteDarlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Can You Handle the Pressure Co-Owner
Thank you for another good sermon. The pencil sketch is excellent; and I like the cauldron card for Halloween very much.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
A wonderful post my friend with a bit of everything. It looks like you are a very busy man. and a talented one too. Have a happy week and a blessed one too.
ReplyDeleteI did enjoy seeing your creations and your photographs.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Thank you for sharing the summary of you.r sermon. We have two good sermons each week. Our Sunday evening sermon was on the Lord teaching his disciples to pray, and the parable of the man knocking on his neighbor’s door in the middle of the night asking for food. Jesus was teaching us not to give up praying. It was very encouraging. Great photos and artwork. You are certainly are talented. Happy T Day.
ReplyDeleteOh! It wasn’t anonymous! Why does it do that on some blogs? Foxy Stamping-Sharon
ReplyDeleteYour cauldron is fabulous for the sketch. As always, I enjoy seeing what you are up to. So glad to see you this week at FMS!
ReplyDeleteThis is another fantastic art post Arnoldo. That cauldron die is really cool. I don't think I've ever seen that one. And your face and the kitten postcard are wonderfully done. I hope you have a super T day, and I know what you mean about catching up (since I was gone last week).
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun Halloween card! Great take on the sketch! You are definitely very talented! Lots of creativity! I couldn't draw to save my life! Great sermon summary! A reminder to use my gifts wisely this week! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!
ReplyDeleteYou´re early with Halloween (OK I hung the garlands up alreaday, too....)
ReplyDeleteBig WOW on your portrait!I absolutely love your clever, stylish mug.
Have a happy T-Day!
A wonderful post, Arnoldo. You know I love anything Halloween. The cauldron is perfect. I'm thrilled that you are taking portraiture seriously. You are doing very well. There is something special about capturing a human face. Little nuances can change and expression. Well done my friend. Have a great day today.
ReplyDeleteI love the candy hanging out around the cauldron. Great use of that design. And who doesn't love candy corn?
ReplyDeleteI adore your cat haiku and the cat itself. Purrfect.
Your pencil drawing is fabulous. I am super impressed; Happy SITAR and Sunday Smiles.
I've never seen a mug like that before. So unusual. Perfect of course for T this Tuesday. And of course, I was delighted to see your church, too. It is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
love your cat card, thanks for playing.
ReplyDeleteI love the cat and the haiku (I love cats) and your pencil drawing of the young man is excellent.
ReplyDeleteI loved reading your sermon excerpt. And it's great to see you at the school chapel on grandfather's day. (You are. grandfather too)
Happy T-Day,
Lisca
Your cat and haiku are wonderful Arnoldo! Your creativity seems limitless!! Thank you so much for joining in with us at the Alphabet Challenge, Nancy J (inkblocks)
ReplyDeleteThank you! Deus caritas est!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos all, and your portraits get better and better with each showing!
ReplyDeleteYour K is for Kitten card made me smile. Simply purrpect. The children in the crowns/hats they made are adorable. Happy T Day
ReplyDeleteI love that card!
ReplyDeleteAsh @ Essentially Ash
Hello Arnaldo, so lovely to meet you through WOYWW ✨️It's so lovely to see all your art ... from that gorgeous cauldron with teeny charms 🎃 ... to your postcard and beautiful poem ✨️ The portait is truly stunning ... your photos are all beautiful & so lovely to see inside the chapel . Wishing you 🌟 a beautiful week ahead ✨️ in all you do. Tracy #5
ReplyDeleteP.S
Thank you from my heart for the words you left about my mum over on my blog . 🫂
just catching up after work before getting dinner ready. happy WOYWW and thanks for your visit. Helen #2
ReplyDeleteI like your cauldron very much, so autumnal and Halloween inspired! But your haiku is what really caught my eye, beautifully written and illustrated 🥰
ReplyDeleteHugs LLJ 3 xx
Another lovely post, Arnoldo! For someone who is so busy you get an awful lot done. I love the kitten card and that you wrote the haiku yourself is impressive. Have a good week. Elizabeth #11
ReplyDeleteLove the steam coming out of your Halloween Chaldron, Arnoldo - thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! Julia xx
ReplyDeleteYour Cauldron card is fun!! Lots of things stand out to make is a lovely card. Your portrait is looking good too! And the kitten card is sweet. The toad, I'm sure, is very grateful to have been rescued! Happy WOYWW!🍂Lindart #13
ReplyDeleteHi Arnoldo, I do try not to buy new patterned papers too though it doesn't always happen, no self control! but I am trying to use up the old stuff. I like making Halloween cards but don't do them so often now as Halloween is not so popular here. Love the photos and your card too. Wishing you a very happy belated woyww. Angela x8x
ReplyDeleteYour haiku and cat are beautiful and your Hallowe'en card is great.
ReplyDeleteHave a good week
Lynnecrafts 1 xx
Love your cat card and words/poem - defo lookes like knitting!!! Wow your face drawing/sketch is brill - interesting seeing the photo with the shapes superimposed on it too. Wow amazing toad photo and lovely delicate purple flower amazed to hear it is a garlic plant. We have wild garlic here in the garden and woods but the flowers are all white. Hugs Bj#7
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy seeing your creations, Arnoldo. The Halloween card is wonderful, but I like the one with the cat the best!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful, creative post, Rev. Arnoldo!
ReplyDeleteThe textured kitten postcard and pencil sketches are lovely, and I got a chuckle out of the poolside toad rescue—nature definitely appreciates the hospitality!
Thank you for sharing your sermon notes as well. The reminder that God values our actual actions over performative promises in the vineyard is timeless and convicting.
Hope you get that well-deserved breather this week.
Lovely creations ~ you are so talented ~ like the kitty card and your portrait is wonderful ~ fun Halloween creations ~ Hugs ^_^
ReplyDeleteThe Society Garlic is smal and simple, yet a show stopper,. What a nice way to be, peace!
ReplyDeleteLovely art Arnoldo!
ReplyDeleteLovely artwork! Many lovely blessings! Have a wonderful Friday and a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteHello Arnoldo,
ReplyDeleteYour art work is lovely, I like the cauldron, the kitty art with the poem.
The toas is cute, it is nice your rescued the toad from the pool.
The plant is beautiful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
I guess I'm getting to know you....I actually found you in that photo before you pointed out where you were. Thanks for the sermon, it always seems to be something I'm been thinking about. And your pencil portraits are getting better and better! Well done! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteGreatful artworks, dear blogfriend Arnoldo again this week. Especially the portrait! Only... Wow!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing at MosaicMonday
Greetings by Heidrun
Wonderful sketch, Arnoldo! I'm not sure where you find the time to venture in so many directions and do them all so well! I especially love the photography every time I visit your site. Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity. Katrina
ReplyDeleteOf your very pretty other projects and images, my favorite is the Cats purring softly card. It's simple yet conveys a lovely sense of being! Your church is pretty!
ReplyDeleteHave a fun week.
All the best.
You are invited to share this post with Life Captured, My Sunday Snapshot or You Name It parties. Your homepage can be shared with HomePage Linkup. Heck, join all three! 😃
Hi Arnoldo, don't know if you heard about Sarah but we will be linking with Julia tomorrow. https://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/ See you then x
ReplyDeleteAngela, thank you for letting me know. Sarah's work and meaningful comments will be missed. Peace.
DeleteEnjoying your post. Awesome sketch, Loved the portrait. Beautiful pics.
ReplyDeleteThat last photo with the people in the chursh is such a beautiful shot. Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.
ReplyDelete