Friday Focus - Challenge #2

Kristina Werner, at the Kwerner design blog, had a second challenge for her readers this week in her new Friday Focus series.  It's fascinating to me to see the various designs that stem from the same card fold.  Layouts, colors, prints, embellishments, closure styles, etcetera, made each of the cards last week completely different.  Yet, they are all beautiful.


This week, I chose to create a miniature collage and matted it within the upper flap of this week's model.  I used a faux stamp from a series that I created using 3 different stamps, which I colorized with pastels, colored pencils, and a gold pen.  I also used a bronzed skeleton leaf, a punched medallion, and a strung mother of pearl button.  The only decoration on the bottom flap border is a strip of linen textured paper that has a light zigzag pattern.  I tinted the edges of all the paper pieces to create some dimension.  Finally, I used my "Notch & Die" to cut a rounded tab to slide and lock the upper flap into.


On the inside, I used calligraphy to write "peace" in Kanji and English on a piece of paper.  (Note: I chose not to cut into the bottom flap sides or round any of the corners.)  Can't wait to see what the other readers come up with!

Comments