Happy New Art!

Greetings!  On my last birthday, my youngest daughter gave me a Collage Vintage Notecard Kit, and I thoroughly enjoyed it during the holidays.  I got to play with it at home, as well as during a short family trip!


Since it includes a beautiful paper collection by Maryjo Kock, blank notecards, a stick of glue, a proportion wheel, and an idea booklet inside a box that measures approximately 7"x8.5"x1.75," you can easily take it with you almost anywhere.  The only extra things you need are a small pair of decoupage scissors and a sharp cutting blade.



These two collages were made with papers straight from the box.  All you have to do is mix and match backgrounds, cut up the elements you want to use, arrange everything in a pleasing manner, and glue everything down.  I chose to add a small scrap of mulberry paper and write the phrase "Believe in You!" for the ATC (Artist Trading Card) on the right.



For this 5"x7" piece, I collaged a background using torn pieces of a church bulletin and plant prints.  Then, I added a border with a stamp pad and a sketchy plant form with a paint marker on the left area.  I finished it with a used stamp from my collection, some stamp prints from the kit, as well as a bird print from the set.


For this ATC, I covered the background with some scraps of paper I had.  I extended the branch forms from the print on the paper with a pen and added a tangled pattern inside the leaves.  Then, I glued down a bird print from the set, a used stamp from my collection, and a small tag on which I wrote "Peace, Joy, and."  I finished it with a strip of ribbon embellished with some glass beads.



In this last ATC, I water colored the background using an oil pastel resist technique.  Then, I cut out leave shapes out of some of the paper to form a vine that I drew with a green ink pen.  Next, I added a butterfly and a stamp cut out from the kit, as well as a scrap of paper with the word "Dream" scribbled on it.  I finished the piece with some dimensional acrylic paint pearls.

In my opinion, this is a good stress relieving art set, which allows you to be as creative as you want.  The most stressful, and perhaps a little dangerous part of the process, may be that of using a sharp blade.  The original pieces may be framed, used on handmade cards, and/or scanned to use on a plethora of items such as printed greeting cards, name tags, etcetera.  I highly recommend it.

Happy New Art!

Comments