Love Is In The Air

On January 19th, my wife and I will be celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary!  Although we've had our share of troubles, we've always loved, supported and respected each other.  I must have done something right to have been blessed with her in my life.

This being said, love is in the air in the Romero household.  I made an anniversary card for my wife already, but didn't think it would be wise to share it on my blog before she sees it.  Therefore, when I saw this week's Card Positioning Systems blog sketch CPS #251, I decided to use it for a love themed greeting card.

I purchased a couple of Art-C Ephemera Packs last summer, in which I found the vintage groceries book cover that I used for my base.  I used a scrap of valentine paper to mat it and used a metallic gold Sharpie Poster-Paint marker to form a dotted frame on the black card stock.  Then, I embellished the card with a felt heart, a plastic dove, a couple of fabric yo-yo's, and a red banner shaped tag.  Using the same gold pen, I wrote love on the tag.  (Please note that I inverted the layering of the two side embellishments, because they worked better in this way with my design.)


I look forward to seeing all of the designs that are inspired by this weeks CPS sketch.  Join my blog, and let me know what you think about my card.  Blessings!

PS - In case you are wondering why I used a groceries book in a love themed card, I guess subconsciously I was thinking of the phrase "Shopping for Love."  The video below regarding Fergie's song, LABELS OR LOVE may help you understand.  Although I'm not a fan of "Sex in the City," I do like the "Black Eyed Peas."

Comments

Squirlygirl said…
Your card rocks Arnoldo! Congrats on 21 years of Marriage. (No easy task in today's society) I look forward to seeing what else you create :)
Happy Crafting
Becky
www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com