In His Hand

Adri Munhoz, one of my first blogging friends, featured her first sketch in her new challenge blog and invited me to participate.  As you may have figured, art is a way of life for me, so I was eager to take the challenge.  The flowers and colors in the sketch reminded me of this week's Crazy Amigo Challenge - Tree, so I decided to combine them.  Since tree's are part of our Lord's creation, I just had to tie it into Word Art Wednesday as well.  I love it when creative ideas flow smoothly.

© Arnoldo L. Romero 2012
Once again, I decided to make an entry in my art journal.  It's a great place for me to save ideas for paintings and/or scan them later to incorporate into card designs.  I used various scraps of collaged and hand painted papers that I had done in the past for the 3 background blocks.  The green one with the skeletal leaf stands for our green earth and trees; the yellow one with the hawk feather stands for air and animal life; and the blue one cut into waves stands for water.  I used a strip of cork adhesive backed paper in place of the ribbon tie.  The eye of God in the hand shape cutout is the one I drew in my iPhone's SpinArt app.  You may recall a smaller print of it in my Father post last weekend.  Finally, I hand lettered "In His hand," with a gold Sharpie opaque paint marker and Copic inking pens.

For the life of every living thing is
in His hand,
and the breath of every human being.
Job 12:10


I guess since I'm taking a family trip to Big Bend National Park, here in Texas, nature is in my mind.  Regardless, I thank God for his gift of creativity.  I'd love to hear what you think and/or have you follow my blog.  My readers words are always reassuring and a blessing.  May my words and work bring blessings to you.

Comments

Hi Arnoldo, I love your card and your art, thanks for participate in our challenge, good look!
Hugs Lisa
SandeeNC said…
I love how each panel represents something, awesome thinking behind the creativity! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)
I used to live in Houston, Arnoldo, and Big Bend Nat'l Park sounds mighty familiar. I went to high school at Elsik High School in Alief. Do you know where that is?

Small world, eh? Enjoy your trip to the park!

Oh, and thanks for visiting my blog recently; it made my day!
Regina said…
Amazing job!!! Thanks for joining us at Blog dos Desafios !
Have a marvellous weekend!
Regina
I love it! Thanks for sharing another project with us at Word Art Wednesday. I will have to check out your friend's challenge blog.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
Adri Munhoz said…
Arnoldo, I was spechless when I saw your creation based on my sketch: just fantastic! Love it!
I thank you for your support and your participation! Blessings
Wendy Swenne said…
So great to see a second entering on WAW. Love that hand in the journal!!

Thanks again for sharing this with us at WAW.

Wendy
Karin said…
love the page you made, especially the hand with the eye in it!
Nivia Pitzer said…
I really appreciate your work!!! U Rock :) Thank you for taking the challenge and good luck.
Borqna said…
Congratulations!
Very complicated sketch! But you've done perfectly!
Today I look and see your projects in detail! Who knows - maybe I seek inspiration from them again?