Love Tag

What can I say, I love creative challenges!  I recently found out that Tim Holtz is starting a series called the 12 Tags of 2012.  He will be introducing new techniques every month and challenging his readers to design a tag using the techniques introduced.  Amongst the techniques he introduced this month, there are a resist technique using an Acrylic Paint Dabber, as well as a paper ruffling technique that I decided to try.  Anyway, I was inspired to design the tag below.


After creating the background as per Tim's instructions, I made my own trim with some vintage ledger paper, a border punch and some decorative scissors.  I stamped over the background with a leaf vine stamp.  As to the heart, I hand painted some paper, punched the heart, trimmed the perimeter with dots using paint markers, and used crackle medium over it.  I then sandwiched the ruffled paper between the heart and a K&Company Handmade die-cut flower.  I stamped my letters on some of the ledger paper and matted them with the same paper I used for ruffling.  Instead of attaching jewels from the ribbon, I glued a row of pearls on the upper right hand corner.

DSC03001
Tim Holtz's February Tag Inspiration

I love the Victorian feel of these tags.  I also love to give and receive comments, so follow my blog and/or let me know what you think.  Blessings!

Comments