Sunshine

Yeah - I found a new blog with card challenges!  I was going through withdrawals after the CPS Anniversary 15 day celebration, so I was excited to find out that The Play Date Cafe has a weekly color scheme card challenge.  I tried it today, and I like it.  Instead of sketches to work from, The Play Date Cafe challenges readers to use specific color schemes.  This week's scheme is PDCC118, which consists of shades of blue and a golden yellow.

After Christmas, I found some marvelous handmade papers at Anthropologie in San Antonio, Texas, while my wife was shopping for some clothes.  One of them, is this beautiful blue paper with natural color polka dots.  That was my starting point.  I also had a couple of scraps of card stock in blue shades that I used to make the note card base and a mat.  For the yellows, I had a K&Company Handmade die-cut cardstock leaf stem.  Since I like to make groupings of 3 in my designs, I sketched out a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes.  I colorized her with Bienfang watercolor brush pens and Prismacolor pencils.  I also used a strip of yellow paper to write the word "Sunshine" with a blue Fiskars gel pen.  I edged the blocks with a blue Clearsnap Ancient Page dye ink pad.  The layout fell into place naturally, since all the pieces were long and slim.


I usually work my color schemes around my design, so it was an interesting twist for me to use the color scheme as the starting point.  Changing points of view is a great way to keep the creative juices flowing, so I believe I will continue to follow this blog.  I thank you for following my blog, and invite you to continue to comment - Blessings!



PS - Now, I need to start working on a painting for an upcoming art show.  /:-}

Comments

Borqna said…
Project Wonderful! Excellent work! I wish you a successful week!
Thank you, Borqna. This is one of my favorite cards, but I believe it got lost in the shuffle. Thank you for featuring one of my cards in your blog. I feel honored. Blessings!
Your sketch of the woman is wonderful! All the colors together. WOW great job!!

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*