Memories

When I first saw this week's suggested colors in the The Play Date Cafe challenge yesterday morning, charcoal, ash and butter, images of graffiti came to mind.  Why?  Well, it was certainly not the PDCC122 picture collage, since it features a bridesmaid, flower bouquets, etcetera.  My guess is that colors, just like music, foods and scents, evoke different feelings and memories in people.  Of course, these depend on people's personal experiences.  Don't you agree?

I played mentally with the idea of graffiti during the day, as well as with ideas for possible layouts.  When I got to my studio yesterday evening, I pulled out all the materials that would fit the color scheme.  After playing around with the materials, I changed my direction, and decided to make a vintage card instead. I was ultimately inspired by the photograph of the little girl.  I usually colorize my black and white photographs, but the plain black and white image was perfect for this project.


Since I was using a black trifold card by American Crafts for the base, I decided to make panels like the ones I made for the Wedding Gift Card back in September.  I used textured card stock from a DCWV Mocha paper pack for the panels.  I used the same pack for the belt and used a Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch on the edges.  I created a buckle by cutting a rectangular shape with my Fiskars ShapeCutter system from a sheet of K&Company Handmade Lofty Nest.  I used an oval mat from the same K&Company line to frame the photograph.  As a finishing touch, I created a boutonniere with a ribbon, a button,  a Prima flower, and a Prima chipboard tag.  I wrote the word "Memories" on the tag with a black Sakura micron pen.  (Please note that I stained several of the pieces with a charcoal gray ColorBox pad and butterscotch Adirondack alcohol ink, so they would blend in better with the color scheme.)


As an educator, I am fascinated with the creative process.  Therefore, I hope I did not bore you with my narrative - LOL!  I love to read your comments, so you are cordially invited to follow my blog and/or let me know what you think.  Blessings!

Comments

sparkles said…
thankyou for the comment on my blog. I love this weeks colours, and yours fit perfectly. Love the button !
Barbara
sparklessimplestuff
Borqna said…
Congratulations on a wonderful card! It is very beautiful! Great combination of colors and elements! Excellent design!
This is very pleasing to the eye. Have a nice day!
/I still think about my card .../