Thanksgiving Day Reflections
Greetings! On this eve of Thanksgiving Day in the United States of America, I want to begin by expressing my gratefulness for all the blessings that the Lord has bestowed upon me. I am thankful for my family, home, health, talents, job, and pets. I am also extremely thankful for all my friends, which include all of you followers and those who leave comments on my blog on a regular basis. Thank you!
As to my featured art piece for this post, it was inspired by the techniques of Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 - November. As usual, I took my own spin on the design. I used the Tim Holtz tag and tattered leaves dies to cut my black and kraft cardstock pieces. Then, I used an embossing pen to quickly sketch my design on the 4 pieces. I coated the sketch lines with clear embossing powder, tapped the excess off, and used a heat gone to set them. Next, I used a white chalk and colored pencil to bring out the lines I had drawn on the various pieces. I assembled all the pieces using a combination of glue and foam dots to give it depth. For my sentiment label, I used Tim's "Simple Sayings" stamp set on a scrap piece of white cardstock. I fussy cut the label, distressed it, and attached it to the tag with my mini stapler. As a finishing touch, I tied a strip of jute to the top. I am also submitting this piece to Inspiration Avenue - Gratitude and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes with Tim Holtz.
Thank you for stopping by and may your days be filled with blessings!

Lovely tag! The dimension is wonderful. Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteDaniella#73
Happy Thanksgiving Arnoldo!
ReplyDeleteGreat November - Technique Tag!
xxx
Susi
Bonito diseño, me gustan esas hojas!
ReplyDeleteSaludos!
You're bringing tears to my eyes - I'm grateful for the way you help me stop & think about His role in my life - Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteI love the way your tag is layered & the combination of the jute & kraft hole reinforcer with the black chalkboard effect. The way that leaf stalk just extends onto the sentiment just catches my eye & points to the words. As for your staging - the colour of that pumpkin sets your tag off beautifully & I love those little acorns tieing in with the oak leaves.
Paula (PEP)
Happy thanks giving for you and your sweet family. Hope you will have a great time with love and smiles.
ReplyDeleteLove the tag you made.
Liefs, Melanie
Loving your beautiful and stylish tag Arnoldo. Annette x
ReplyDeleteFabulous tag Arnoldo :-) I love that you used the chalkboard effect too and thanks for your comment on my blog :-)
ReplyDeletethanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x
p.s, your link is there at No 71 :-)
There are so many things to be grateful for, even on the dark days. Your tag is lovely and very effective in its subdued ciolouring. I like the way you so often show your work in a related setting, which complements so well. That extra touch that makes a piece of art special.
ReplyDeleteLovely tag Arnoldo, clever to use the tattered leaves die cut on this one. Hope you all had a great thanksgiving! Barb x
ReplyDeleteI think you captured Tim's chalk technique beautifully. Thanks for the visit. Peg R #83
ReplyDeleteBeautiful results. The blue was a great choice♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/blessed-assurance/
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty tag! I'm glad you joined us at IA this week.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous tag! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed Christmas.
ReplyDelete