Living With Five Loaves & Two Fish

Hello!  ¡Hola!  I started blogging on July 26, 2011, although I'm not sure anyone remembers, as there were no comments.  LOL!  I blogged regularly, and eventually made blogging friends all around the world.  Between April 2017 and September 2019, my schedule became extremely complicated.  I was making time for my artwork, but I was only blogging sporadically.  Hence, I took a hiatus until August 3, 2025, when I rebranded my Blog.  Therefore, I'm making this a kind of 15th/1st Year Blog Anniversary Post!

    

For my first project this week, I have an art journal page.  I was inspired by the sunflowers in the Inspiration Station Challenge August 2026 - Photo #88.  For this page, I glued ephemera from my stash; sketched out the sunflower with a pencil; outlined it with a permanent marker; painted it with watercolors; and then finished it by hand lettering the sentiment.  I'm also submitting this page to Try It On Tuesday - Make It Colorful and Kreativ-Tanten Challenge #116 Anything Goes.

  

Next, I have an ATC I did inspired by The Paper Players PP797-For the Little Ones, by Jan, Colorful Options August 2026-Lemongrass (BTW, thanks for the July Top 3 Non-Cards!), and Tag-Along (And ATC's) August Challenge- Fashion.  I had SO much fun with this one, as I designed the onesies using a Make It Cutting Die.  I used scraps of paper for the 3 onesies, and illustrated the embellishments on them with Copic fine nib inking pens and colored pencils.  The clothespins are die cut scraps.  I made the base using a KsCraft ATC Die set; and the letters for the "word" beach, using a Sizzix Tim Holtz Alphanumeric Thinlits sets.  I hand lettered the word "wear."

         

The August 2026 theme at Art Journal Journey is The Good Old Summertime, which was chosen by my blogging friend Erika, at BioArtGal.  I immediately thought of my 2 daughters, and how they loved our family trips to the beach during their childhood.  In combination with Inkspirational Challenge #373-Beach Vibes and {Pin}spirational Challenge #340 August Jade and Peach, I illustrated this cartoonish page, using markers and colored pencils.
         
This is a photograph of the top of the credenza behind my desk, at my church office.  You can see a Madonna retablo that a friend gifted me, a piece of chalk art that I did, and my personal coffee maker.  The mug is from Camp Capers, one of our 3 Diocesan church camps.  Three generations in my family have attended that camp.  I added this Psalm verse, because although I do my best to live a Christ like life, I know I'm not perfect.  It's God's grace that keeps me going.  I'm linking this to T Stands for Tuesday, Word Art Wednesday #764/765, and What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 896/116.
Friday Face Off
Saturday's Critters
Art For Fun Friday,  My Sunday Best, & Mosaic Monday
         
These last 3 photographs are just for fun.  The first photograph is a selfie of my family, which I took back in 2011, during a trip to Corpus Christi, Texas.  I started blogging around the time I took this picture.  The second photograph is of Gris, my wife's and my gray tabby cat, who loves to hangout in my home studio/office.  She's a sweet, happy-go-lucky, smart girl.  The last photograph is of a sculpture that I found at the hospital where my Mom was at recently.  I love the artistry, as well as the caption that was found on a sign by it.

In closing, I want to leave you with a summary of my last sermon, based on Matthew 14:13-21:

In this Gospel reading, we hear the disciples say, "we have nothing here but five loaves and two fish."  This highlights their initial doubt about their ability to feed the great crowd.  For us, this doesn't mean that God we'll necessarily give us more "bread and fish" to help others, but that by through him, we can make a difference in the lives of others.  Small offerings, can lead to great outcomes.  Jesus saw people through the eyes of empathy, love, and compassion.  He didn't care if the people were poor, sick, desperate, tired, hungry, sinful, or had anything to offer in return.  Jesus loved unconditionally, and asked nothing in return.  He tasked the disciples with doing the same with the crowds, and tasks us to do the same for others.

Thank you for your visit!  ¡Gracias por su visitation!  Please leave a comment, and I'll be glad to reciprocate, so that we can get to know each other.

Shalom,
Arnoldo+

Comments

brenda said…
Another interest packed post Arnaldo and more artwork where I can fee the sun radiating through, so please you joined us at Tag-Along (and ATC's) August challenge, many thanks for sharing your creativity.

B x

B x
Happy Anniversary of your Blog. Please keep blogging; I like visiting here. I enjoy the truly vibrant colours of your artwork.

Thank you for always ending with a short sermon. God bless you and your family.
Hi Arnoldo, Sarah's woke up again and link's available now. I think I started blogging about the same time as you, can't believe it's gone so quickly. You made me smile as I didn't get any comments to begin with until I found woyww and from there it kicked off. The photo of you and the gang is just brilliant. Wishing you a happy woyww with hugs, Angela x1x
Hi Arnoldo. What a fun summery post. I loved seeing all the art from the sunflower, the beach wear, and the 2 girls (your daughters) on the beach. I love all the tags and tickets you used with that beautiful sunflower. Thanks for linking that up to TIOT. And that's a fun beach view of the girls. I really like how you made the waves on the water. I may have to "borrow" that idea. :) Thanks for linking up to AJJ also. I much appreciate it. and finally, happy belated T day. I hope you're having a good week too. hugs-Erika (Oh and happy blog anniversary too!)
Arnoldo your post is so interesting - lovely to get an insight into your world in addition to admire your various artistic creations. You have a real artistic talent and am glad you shared it with us over at The Paper Players this week - those little summer onesies are adorable!
Lynnecrafts said…
Another busy week, Arnaldo. I love how you’ve included your cat.
Happy WOYWW
Lynnecrafts 5 xx
BJ said…
Well would you believe, I started my blog on 6th March 2011. Mainly so I could enter Tim Holtz competitions to which I won a few prizes back in the day then too. Love how you have used the Sale Price label and your sunflower sketch is brill. Love how you "design" your own dies and used scraps for the clothes pegs. Had to google "credenza" never heard of that word before, we'd say "dresser" or maybe "sideboard". Oh for the unconditional love of God, something I had in short supply growing up. Having a bit of a day here again with all the 3 building developments conflicting!!!Just vacuumed my air-con machine so now it's working better phew I thought I was dying. Hugs BJ#4
Makira said…
💛💛💛 The most precious ATC ever! Adorable!! All your details are brilliantly placed. Thank you for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. Have a great week! Cheers, Makira
Makira said…
Oh....and BTW, Happy Anniversary!! MK
Helen said…
happy blog -versary! thanks for visiting already, I am running late today, been a busy one at work! Helen #2
CJ Kennedy said…
Delicious eye candy. The caterpillar-butterfly sculpture is beautiful and so true if we take the time to be patient. Happy T Day
Lunch Lady Jan said…
Happy Blogaversary! Lots of lovely things to look at on your post today, especially the sculpture with the butterfly, so pretty. As is your sweet puss cat!
Hugs LLJ
DVArtist said…
Hi Arnoldo, I honestly can't remember when I discovered your blog. Maybe with PPF? I do remember when you left blogging for awhile I did miss seeing all of your art, which was different back then. So happy anniversary. Your art is always so thoughtful and interesting too. I do like seeing the photos of your and your family. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a great day today.
Barb Finnical said…
Reverend Arnoldo, what a blessing it is seeing your first post! It’s so fun to look back and think about the beginnings of our blogging. Happy first and 15th anniversary to you! Your artwork back then was just as amazing as it is now! I love seeing all of your photos, especially the ones of your family. The card that you made of your daughters at the beach as little girls is adorable. But what really jumps out at me is the sunflower card, and how you used the sales tag and other elements in it. I need to get better at thinking outside the box. 😅 Thank you for all you do to encourage all of us out here in blog land. And we always appreciate you sharing your work with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Popular Posts