Paz - Peace

I did it!  I went to Ross this afternoon and found the perfect paper to coordinate with the ocean design that I had to table yesterday.  I believe it was worth the wait!

Anyway, for the CPS 5th Anniversary Day 4 celebration, Jeanne Streiff and My Favorite Things challenged the readers to use layout CPS #220 today.  It's a detailed design, but not technically difficult to achieve.  I began with a cream colored note card and rounded the upper right hand corner.  I then attached a baby-blue colored mat which I made with a Martha Stewart seashell Punch-Around.  I then attached a scrap of mint colored card stock which had the top corners rounded.  Next came a small rectangle from a sheet in my new K&Company Urban Rhapsody Pad.  I punched the corners with my EK Success' Fountain of Fun, and embellished the open areas with the star scraps from the shell border.  On the rectangle, I attached a small origami fish that I made and used a rhinestone for its eye.  The canvas trim came from a Making Memories vintage findings kit.  As a finishing touch, I added 3 small rhinestones on the upper right edge.  (Although the layout had the 3 dots on the left, I felt they worked better on the right side with my design, because they resemble bubbles coming from the fish.)  I also used a Spare Parts bottle cap and clear epoxy sticker to sandwich a circle punch of coordinating paper, on which I used my own calligraphic skills to write the word "Paz."  After yesterdays traumatic experience with my design, the Spanish word for peace seemed appropriate - LOL!


Thank you for perusing my blog and Godspeed.  +

Comments

Borqna said…
Excellent! Congratulations! Have a a great day!
Thank you! Hope you had a great day too. Blessings!
Jeanne Streiff said…
Wow! I love your pretty fish! Thanks for playing my CPS Challenge!
Thank you - I love origami. I'm am so glad you like it. Blessings!
Adri Munhoz said…
Arnoldo, such a cute fish you've made! And I really like your handwriting: it's wonderful! Hugs