Flowers, a Movie and a Kiss

Have you ever started working on an art project and ended up with something totally different from what you had first envisioned?  Well, that's what happened to me this evening.  I wanted to make an ocean inspired card and ended up with a date card - LOL!

For the CPS 5th Anniversary Day 3 celebration, Angie Hagist and Gina K Designs challenged their readers to design a card using layout CPS #54.  I have an all-around shell border punch that I wanted to use.  However, I didn't have the right paper combination on hand to make it work with what I had envisioned.  Therefore, I switched gears, and came up with something different.

A few months ago, I made a simple Zentangle design and edged it on a 3"x3" piece of Scratch-Foam Board to create a stamp.  I got the idea for making the stamp from the book YOGA FOR YOUR BRAIN, by Sandy Steen Bartholomew (See my recommendations).  I stamped my design on card stock and colored in the face of the girl with Prismacolor pencils.  Then, I matted the image on a scrap of colorfully printed paper.  Since I don't have a scalloped border, I chose to create the same kind of feel, by using my EK Success Flower Patch corner punch, a simple squiggly line border, and a stamp padded edge around the card.  To enhance my stamped image, I assembled and glued a cloth, paper and button flower.  For the title tag, I chose two tickets that I stamped using Inkadinkado's Paperwork Greetings.


Here is my date card!  Anyway, I just wanted to invite you to see all the wonderful designs that have evolved from the CPS layouts during the last couple of days.  It's fascinating to see how they are all so different.  You are invited to follow my blog, and let me know what you think.  Blessings!

Comments

Angie said…
Beautiful! You're right - everything has completely different takes on the sketches and that makes it so much fun! Thanks for celebrating with us at CPS for our 5th Anniversary!
Thank you! I'm thrilled that you visited my blog. Blessings!