Vogue

Since I finally customized my new art journal last Wednesday, I decided to work in it today.  This week, The Play Date Cafe is challenging their readers to use PDCC 127, which suggests the use of daffodil, hydrangea, kiwi, and cherry.  It is a bright color story, and in conjunction with the inspirational pictures that feature a vintage fashion image, I was reminded of the Fiesta dinnerware colors that were introduced in 1936 and remained in vogue through the 1950's.  I guess the latter led me to think of a fashion collage card I made last summer for my oldest daughter's 18th birthday.  Therefore, I decided to practice my fashion illustration skills in this entry.


I used the same template for her body that I designed last summer, and traced it onto a scrap piece of pale pink paper.  Then, I made her dress from a kiwi sheet from a K&Company Wintertide specialty paper pad.  I outlined, shaded and defined various areas with a black Martha Stewart permanent marker and Hunt painter.  I used 3 EK Success punches for the corsage using daffodil, hydrangea, and cherry patterned papers from the same pad.  I also used strips from the same paper to create the background.  The chandelier stamp is by Stampabilities.  Finally, I used a K&Company Smash sticky note, a scrap from a Church bulletin, and a Sakura micron black pen to create the title.  I also added some detailing with some Tulip fashion pearl bead paint.

This is a fun little study that could lead to a larger and better piece some day.  Perhaps my youngest daughter's 18th birthday?  If you are interested in learning more about this technique, there's a book by Nutting in my Amazon slide show that I highly recommend.  Because of my blog stats, I know I'm getting a steady flow of people viewing my posts, but not everyone is following or leaving comments.  Please don't be shy and do so.  I truly appreciate encouraging words from my visitors, and they motivate me to continue to create.  Take care of yourselves and God bless.


PS - I'm also submitting this card to the Just Keep On Creating monthly "Anything Goes" challenge blog.  This is Challenge #1, and I was touched by the author's story.  It's time for me to go to bed now - goodnight!

Comments

Pia S said…
Cool design! Love it!
Arnoldo said…
Thank you, Tenia
Arnoldo: Your art is very cool. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your encouraging comments. I'd like to invite you to play along at my challenge blog at:
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
We have a really cool prize this week that I think you would really enjoy. It's from Roben Marie Workshops. I hope you will stop by and link up.
Have a great week, and may God bless you greatly as you serve Him.
Karen L
Arnoldo said…
Thank you, Karen. I will most certainly look into your challenge. Blessings!
Lisa Elton said…
Arnoldo your work is just beautiful!!
Agus said…
wow awesome work! love your style!
Arnoldo said…
Thank you, Agus.
Alicia said…
Beautiful journal and work of art. Lovely. Thanks for bringing your style to The Play Date Cafe! :)
Arnoldo said…
Thank you, Alicia
Stacy said…
This is amazing, thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!
Arnoldo said…
Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words, Stacy.
My 13 YO loves to draw high fashions. Bet you and she would have some fun hours spent drawing together!

Yes, these colors do remind me of Fiesta ware too. But they also translate well into a fashion collage! Thanks for playing with us a couple of times this week at the Cafe, Arnoldo. :)
Erum Tasneem said…
what a beautiful fashion illustration, very classy.
A said…
imponująca interpretacja, to jest bardzo elegancka kompozycja!! gratuluję wyróżnienia :)
Anna-Karin said…
Fabulous card and a great take on the challenge. Fabulous vibrant colours on your card. Thank you for having stopped by my blog!!
suzARTe said…
this is just so artistic and eclectic, I love it. You have done a wonderful job with the colours as well.

Thanks so much for entering your project at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)