Fly!

Card Positioning Systems is celebrating its 5th Anniversary, and today, Tami Mayberry and CardMaker Magazine launched the celebration with the first of fifteen challenges.  Since this is a retrospective event, she chose to feature CPS #136, which I believe was featured in October of 2009.  It is a simple layout, but one that offers a plethora of possibilities for design.

For my design, I started with a kraft note card and glued a vintage postcard reproduction from a Making Memories findings kit for the background.  I then added a scrap of lined musk green paper, on which I used my own calligraphic skills to write the word "Fly."  As the focal point, I added an accordion medallion that I made with the aide of my Martha Stewart scoring board.  I embellished it with a pink felt heart and a vintage photograph copy of a girl on a butterfly, which I cut-out and hand colored using Prismacolor pencils.  (Please note that every piece was edged with a brown dye ink pad prior to gluing it down.)  As a finishing touch, I added 3 buttons in a row, which I pre-threaded, on the upper right border.


As usual, I had a lot of fun making this card.  I would love for you to follow my blog and let me know what you think.  Blessings!

Comments

VERY cool! Love the artistic design :) Thanks for joining us!
Thank you, Tami. I'm thrilled to have you visit my blog. Blessings!