Hope!
As per yesterday's post, I participated in this week's CPS challenge, which is being sponsored by Bombshell Stamps. This is the kind of stamp company I would love to work with, because I can relate to their themes - vintage pinups, sugar skulls, and Sacred Hearts. They also have a blog that features a monthly sketch challenge, so I decided to participate in it.
I chose to feature a Sacred Heart art piece that I made on the Layers App on my iPhone a couple of years ago. It's a cool art app which allows you to use various tools to draw and blend sketches/pictures through various layers. The latter truly gives depth to your artwork, just like a collage. I printed the piece on photographic paper, cropped it into an oval shape with a Fiskars ShapeCutter system, scraped the edges, and tinted them with brown Delta pigment pad. Then, I sanded the image down, highlighted some areas with Marvy markers, and scrapped "Hope! on the left corner with a Speedball cutter tip. Finally, I added a pink rhinestone to the center of the cross.
Next, I worked on the layout, which I built on a pink Martha Stewart note card. I used two sheets from a K&Company Classic K pad, because they had a vintage look that went well with the graffiti look that I was going for. I used a Martha Stewart punch to edge of the bottom panel, and then edged all the pieces with the brown pigment pad. I attached the panels as per the sketch, made an incision on the spine between the panels to loop a piece of jute twine, and tied it with a square knot. I attached my artwork to the top panel with foam pads. I chose to use an awl to pierce the 3 dots on the upper and bottom edges. I felt that the latter enhanced the feeling of graffiti.


Love your graffiti...Hope you'll join me again at 52 Card Pickup!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-11.html
Thank you, Patrice. I'll link the card to your blog. Blessings!
DeleteThanks for playing along in our sketch challenge!
ReplyDeleteI love your Sacred Heart art piece!
Thank you Kathi. I'm flattered by your comment about my artwork. Blessings!
DeleteFabulous work. I really like it.
ReplyDeleteJennie x
Nice themes on your cards and tags!
ReplyDeleteCourage, hope... We all need that. :)
Thank you for participating in the Bombshell Challenge. I love your take on the sketch. I hope you come back and play again!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Alaine. It was fun participating in your challenge. Blessings!
Delete